Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Curious whether others have tried out a headlight LED conversion kit? On some of the sites, like CARiD, the install looks pretty straight forward: original male wire into their conversion box and install the new LED bulb back into housing. Can't believe it would be that simple, but I thought I'd ask some of the experts here.

Gets pretty dark out here in the boonies in Winter. Can use all the brighter lighting advantage I can get.

Thanks,

WI

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,629 Posts
Welcome to the site WI!

There are several posts and such around here where folks have converted to LED. XenonDepot is a site vendor and posts up in this and other threads. They, and many more, have videos showcasing LED versus Halogen versus HID, how to install, all that. I have not done it personally so can't offer any experience or guidance, but check around the site and you will find those that have and can look at their posts and videos out there. I believe that these days it is not too big a deal to install.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,145 Posts
You are either going to XenonDepot, TheRetrofitSource (Morimoto), something with Phillips in it, and the other stuff. HIDs are gonna be the best and LEDs can be great when in the right housing. If you search the forum (not just 4Runner) you will find plenty.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
13,973 Posts
XenonDepot dropped out at a SV here on TN. Last time that happened, it was a mistake made by AG with their two accounts (ShipNerd and XD). So I contacted Steve at XD. The reply I got back was from the Retrofit Source. So I checked out XD's contact us page and it listed the retrofit source's Atlanta address. I see they changed their contact us page on XD and it no longer lists any addresses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wen with LAsfit Led head lights and fog lights. I also had them on my xrunner. they look great and pretty cheap. I get a lot of compliments

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8VILMC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EYQ8688/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the Supernova v4 high and low beam LEDs. Awesome difference vs OEM!! Took me about 30 minutes to install all 4 units... no drilling into the dust cap on the low beams with these LEDs. I had bad luck with HID units on my GMC diesel pickup... the ballasts kept burning out. The HID light was better, however, the Supernova LEDs are pretty damn good...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts