·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Im sure you can make it work though with resisters and fancy splicing.:eek:

·
Taco Addict
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read that thread a few times to get all the details and it looks like blackdblcabtaco had the parts but never tried plugging in the new flasher in place of the factory DTRL flasher system. I think he may have tried running leds with the DTRL system and blew a fuse.
I think I can unplug the factory DTRL flasher and the jumpers, and just plug in the CF-18 LED flasher where the non-DTRL flasher would go. I'll lose the DTRL feature, but I'd rather have LED signal lights.

·
What is this!?
06 Double Cab Tacoma
821 Posts
I put in the LED without using turn signals and they were fine then i used the turn signal and it blew up the fuse. I think its because of the LED bulb. I had 2 different pairs. One i bought long ago and placed it in the tailights and it worked but just blinked really fast. But I would rather have DTRL than just have white LED's in the front. The only reason i wanted white LED's in the front was because i have white xenons and look blue :confused:

This is the red one that didn't blow out the fuse (i placed it in the front once too and no problem):

Bulbs that did blow the fuse:

How my current xenon look:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts