Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got LED turn signals in my truck with the CF-18 Flasher relay, and they have been working fine for about two months. Yesterday I noticed that my relay was clicking, but the indicator light in the instrument panel wasn't flashing for the right turn signal only. It's working fine for the left. That in itself wouldn't be a real big deal, if my exterior turn signals were still working. Apparently, all I have working are the left turn signals, not the right ones. With the way people drive down here, that could potentially be a real big deal. I checked all the fuses, and I do mean ALL, and every fuse in the truck is fine. I don't understand what kind of problem could be causing only my right side turn signals to malfunction. The wiring hasn't been tampered with except for what was needed for the fog light mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Quickly too. So hurry up.:D

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Have you atleast checked to see if the bulbs on the right side were good ??

Marc M

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I swapped the right front over to the left front and the right side still didn't work. Are the bulbs that light up the turn signal indicator on the dash SMDs? If they aren't, could it be possible that the one on the right side blew and cut the link between the relay and the signals themselves? I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'll take the instrument cluster apart and hopefully find the problem. Maybe I'll even find out if we can change the color of our guages. Who knows.

·
Registered
123 Posts
05TRDOffRoad said:
Yes, I swapped the right front over to the left front and the right side still didn't work. Are the bulbs that light up the turn signal indicator on the dash SMDs? If they aren't, could it be possible that the one on the right side blew and cut the link between the relay and the signals themselves? I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I'll take the instrument cluster apart and hopefully find the problem. Maybe I'll even find out if we can change the color of our guages. Who knows.
i think our guages are LED's, atleast thats what iv heard....

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It was a defective flasher. SuperLEDs sent me a new one, and it's worked perfectly for a long time now.

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks PB. First hand experience was exactly what I was looking for. I'll get them on the phone Monday.

·
I hate mud!
05' Tacoma Dbl. Cab
221 Posts
Sorry for a necro bump. But does anyone here know if the LED flasher CF-18 is compatible with the new Toyota/Scion?

I was plan on buying some switchback LED bulbs for my other car but there picture look slightly different than the one I pulled out tonight. I measure it and they are dimensionally the same. But if you look here there's two small protruding tabs on the bottom pics.

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Found a better image.

·
I hate mud!
05' Tacoma Dbl. Cab
221 Posts
Mine came off with no broken tab. After more extensive research. I found that the above relay will work but you will lose the park lights while arm/disarm.

All this work just to get my park/blinker lights to work on my xB.

http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

This is another fix but I don't feel like hacking/tapping into my factory harness.

Guess I'll pull the stock relay off again tomorrow and take it apart and see what I can do.

This one guy was on the right track but too bad one of the moderator here was too dense to understand why people want to swap out incandescent bulb for LED's.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253293

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tridon LM449

Tridon also manufactures this lighting control module. This LCM is called an LM449. The one from Tridon is a little more advanced than this type it seems. I've had no problems with any functionality and I bought mine from Advance because AutoZone didn't have one. The LM449 fits almost all model Toyotas from 1999 to present. FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts