'95 Camry 5S-FE
95 Camry LE
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
Maybe MAYBE 200lm. If you're lucky. Standard headlights are ~1,000lumens each; HIDs are ~3,000lumens each.

Save your cash for HIDs

·
'95 Camry 5S-FE
95 Camry LE
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I figured they were just more ebay crap. Sounded too good to be true. I didn't think LED technology had advanced enough to produce the required output.

·
Stock? Blasphemy!
06 Rav4 v6
879 Posts
Yeah I figured they were just more ebay crap. Sounded too good to be true. I didn't think LED technology had advanced enough to produce the required output.
LED tech actually has advanced far enough to be bright enough... thing is, it still draws about the same amount of current to make the same amount of light. there are LED streetlights in my neighborhood actually. they probably last 10x as long as halogens so they recoup the cost there.

the catch is that an LED setup will never drop right into a light fixture that was designed for halogen, because the light output pattern is completely different. the housing has to be designed to work with LEDs from the start, or you will not get acceptable light patterns.

here's an application for factory installed LED headlights:
http://www.motorauthority.com/a-look-at-the-new-led-headlights-on-the-lexus-ls600h.html

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
those are really only for DRL use only. I forgot the name of the site but those bulbs look like they are from the site most of us get the LEDs for the interior from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts