Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, First time posting here but ive been here fore a while, just not registered. Anyways today I figured id do a LED conversion with 2 of the leftover bulbs I had from my maxima. 3156s for the back, So I was wondering if anyone knew which LED Electronic Flasher we needed? Heres where im looking at http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Electronic-Flashers/sc132273//page/1/checkForLanding/true

Secondly Im going to do the Interior and I just wanted to put this out there for future people.

Guage Lights are 194 LED's and we need 3 to complete the gauge.
Climate control Leds are 74 LED's and you will need 2
The ring around Ignition LED is a 74 also, But I am not sure if you need 1 Bulb or two so If someone can chime in it would be nice.
For center dome light I am getting a 3157 Festoon, Which should fit.

Those are all the leds I plan on doing for now. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

·
Beware of pigs
Little Pig
2,446 Posts
Hey guys, First time posting here but ive been here fore a while, just not registered. Anyways today I figured id do a LED conversion with 2 of the leftover bulbs I had from my maxima. 3156s for the back, So I was wondering if anyone knew which LED Electronic Flasher we needed? Heres where im looking at http://www.v-leds.com/BlinkerWarning-Fix/Electronic-Flashers/sc132273//page/1/checkForLanding/true

Secondly Im going to do the Interior and I just wanted to put this out there for future people.

Guage Lights are 194 LED's and we need 3 to complete the gauge.
Climate control Leds are 74 LED's and you will need 2
The ring around Ignition LED is a 74 also, But I am not sure if you need 1 Bulb or two so If someone can chime in it would be nice.
For center dome light I am getting a 3157 Festoon, Which should fit.

Those are all the leds I plan on doing for now. Please correct me if anything is wrong.
3157 isn't a festoon; it's the big stop light bulb. ;) We need a really short festoon too. The one I have is a bit too long; I have to bend the metal contacts for it to go in.

The flasher we need is "European" CF13GL-02.

For the ignition cylinder ring. because of light pattern differences you will likely get uneven lighting. Same goes for just about any LEDs. For this reason I like to get the brightest and widest LEDs I can buy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm currently doing the same thing to my rolla...however i dont have an ignition ring, but i have a similar one around my cig lighter does that take a 74 too cuz i tried to get it out but broke it so i'm thinking of just saudering in another one

·
ロンリードラ&#
99 Corolla CE
228 Posts
yeah, the cig lighter takes a 74 bulb but that one is built-in so that's why it broke when you tried to take it out. same thing happened to me when i thought about replacing the bulb. i ended up buying a new ring with the bulb from the dealers for about $12 i think.

·
the girl with the corolla
2000 corolla LE
8 Posts
that is good to know because the LEDs behind my gas & temp gauges went out. I plan on replacing them in the next week or two.

thanks for the info!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do you know what to do about those pesky led air circulation and rear defroster buttons if i wanted to change from green.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know what to do about those pesky led air circulation and rear defroster buttons if i wanted to change from green.
Sorry its been months since I checked this thread but I belive those are soldered in as is the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts