Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the dome, luggage and personal (map) lights under powered and of low quality. That is, a warm, low Kelvin rating as in a yellow to red color... Has any one converter to LED? If so, details please.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 XSE
2 Posts
It's super easy. Use a plastic trim remover -- makes the job so much simpler.
Vanity lights -- insert the trim remover from the left side to detach the retaining clip. 194 bulb x2
Map lights -- use the trim remover to remove the bezel from the upper console. Once the upper console bezel is removed, retaining clips for map light lenses are accessible. 194 bulb x2
Dome light -- use the trim remover to detach the fogged lens from the light assembly. 3175 bulb
Cargo light -- use the trim remover to detach the light assembly. Once detached, use a skinny pick to open the bulb shield. 194 bulb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed all the Interior bulbs to LED= WOW!

-The cargo was dimly lit @ best; Dull yellowish tone. Now, a very bright White light that actually shines across the cargo area.

- The dome about the same as the cargo. Could hardly see the bottom of the back seat..Now, I can easily see the floor.

-The map lights were as dull as the rest. Now, So nice and bright they actually work to read by. The floor is lit up as well..I was thinking under dash lights so I could see to get in. Not now - not required.

So what did I use? "DIODE DYNAMICS" LED BULBS: QTY 3, #194 HP5 (5,000K) and QTY 1, # 31HP6 (6,000K).. All easily done. The dome and cargo lens' pop out.The cargo lens assembly is best un-plugged so the bulb cover can be popped off. The map light bulbs however need to be accessed by pulling

down the housing assembly from the REAR. There is a good chance one to all four plastic clips P/N 90467-09240 that retain the housing may be required as they may break in the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts