Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make one change to personalize my car and thought LED interior lighting might be nice. Questions:

1. Who makes the best LED's for this purpose?
2. I assume the 2012 Camry doesn't have a "bulb out" warning light? If so, would the lower draw on power trigger it with an LED?
3. Household LED's specify that they cannot be used in sealed spaces due to overheating, this is not a problem with the smaller ones used in cars right?

The lighting has that harsher quality of LEDs which I am ok with, Phillips does make a bulb for the home now that I can't tell from an old fashioned lightbulb in terms of color output, hopefully that will make its way into the smaller LEDs.

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
There are a lot of places selling LED bulbs for cheap. You can probably pick some up something for a couple dollars on eBay but remember you get what you pay for. If you want quality, durability and performance I would recommend either Philips LED bulbs or Putco LED bulbs. You shouldn't have any problems with overheating - LED's draw significantly less power than a halogen bulb and they don't produce a lot of heat so this will not be an issue. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.