Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Community,

Im interested on installing a Fog Light LED kit in my car. To be specific, for the lights located in the bumper. Must of my driving is during the night and I need very bright lights.

I currently have HID but they are burning the lens of the lamp and the bulbs get burn very easy. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have these...I'm pretty happy with them.

72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K Replace Halogen Bulbs - Fog Lights - PSX26W

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I want to know how you got the fogs on without the headlights
I've done that before on Rav4s. You modify the fog light relay and add a wire to the fog light switch and the fog lights can be used at any time. I haven't done it with my Highlander, but I plan to.
My fog light circuit is separate from the main wiring harness. It gets signal when the key is on ACC or ON and it gets its power from the battery. eBay fog light kit, third set of fog lights after eBay halogen, eBay LED, then current Morimoto Projector LED. They are basically my DRLs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to know how you got the fogs on without the headlights
I've done that before on Rav4s. You modify the fog light relay and add a wire to the fog light switch and the fog lights can be used at any time. I haven't done it with my Highlander, but I plan to.
My fog light circuit is separate from the main wiring harness. It gets signal when the key is on ACC or ON and it gets its power from the battery. eBay fog light kit, third set of fog lights after eBay halogen, eBay LED, then current Morimoto Projector LED. They are basically my DRLs.
What if I want to install LED as DLR? Will the do the high beam lights as well?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have these...I'm pretty happy with them.

72W 8000LM US BridgeLux COB LED Chip Headlight Conversion Kit - White 6000K Replace Halogen Bulbs - Fog Lights - PSX26W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1XQ52H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2Be1CbHAZF4AQ
So funny as I have the same one...it's stupid bright lol. I got flashed few times within a week so I turn them off (I drive on back roads often but there are some traffic still) if there's an oncoming.

Of course for my high beams, I have the dual XHP70 chipped LED I got directly from China that pumps out 13,000 lumens. Holy moly I fell in love instantly. Almost too bright when there are road signs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
nhighlander
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing