Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i m wonderin, is it possible to replace led lights on the sun visor, i m plannin to replace all the interior lights with led, if i cant change the lights on the sun visor, it would make my car look weird

·
Registered
2009 Venza AWD
58 Posts
i m wonderin, is it possible to replace led lights on the sun visor, i m plannin to replace all the interior lights with led, if i cant change the lights on the sun visor, it would make my car look weird
I have a list of LED replacement lights for most of the interior lamps. I can send it to you if you want, but keep in mind that I have not thoroughly looked into which one is right (for brightness) yet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes I have done it myself. All interiors are LEDs except for glove box light. Here is a list and instructions you'll need.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299364

They're parts for Camrys but they fit fine with Venzas

·
Registered
168 Posts
thnx alot great link, but i cant see how to remove the sun visor light cover...is it hard to remove
It's the SAME method you use to pry off the other light covers. Get a really small/thin flathead then cover it with a thin cloth (if not Toyota's hard plastics will get scrapped) and find a corner and pry. Once you've done one the rest is the same EXCEPT the rear reading lights and the glove box light. Don't overthink it, it's easy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the SAME method you use to pry off the other light covers. Get a really small/thin flathead then cover it with a thin cloth (if not Toyota's hard plastics will get scrapped) and find a corner and pry. Once you've done one the rest is the same EXCEPT the rear reading lights and the glove box light. Don't overthink it, it's easy

the hardest part is the license plate lights....need to remove the cover holy!!!! but r u able to tell me how many bulbs i need for the plate lights? is it just 1? or two like regular cars?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys, i tried to remove the sun visor light covers....i couldnt get it remove....how to remove it ??? plz tell me!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sun visor lights

I was looking into replacing these also. I find this hard to believe but according to the service manual you need to get at them from behind. Step one - remove the headliner!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was looking into replacing these also. I find this hard to believe but according to the service manual you need to get at them from behind. Step one - remove the headliner!!!!!:confused:
Thin flathead + cloth. Pry from one side and it will come off. It's very easy don't remove headliner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts