Toyota Nation Forum banner

LED Lights

16512 Views 62 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  O'Deez_311
Is there a master list of which led bulbs to get and what size? :confused: 194 bulb will come in different sizes depending on how many leds it has.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· 2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,567 Posts

· Taco Tuesday!
1,890 Posts
Is there a master list of which led bulbs to get and what size? :confused: 194 bulb will come in different sizes depending on how many leds it has.
i think i get what you're asking... if you mean by which specific led model- that's up to you. it's also dependent on applicaton- you don't want a huge 36 1-watt superflux SMT led array to replace the 194/168 bulbs in your license plate illumination assembly cuz that would be overkill on brightness and your wallet. :lol:

what 194 bulb are you replacing?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i get what you're asking... if you mean by which specific led model- that's up to you. it's also dependent on applicaton- you don't want a huge 36 1-watt superflux SMT led array to replace the 194/168 bulbs in your license plate illumination assembly cuz that would be overkill on brightness and your wallet. :lol:

what 194 bulb are you replacing?
I wanted to replace the license plate and all interior ones. I wanted to know if there was a list of which led they using for each application since there are different bulbs of same size. I didn't want to order and it don't fit or its an overkill.

thanks for your response
Joe

· Registered
2009 Toyota Matrix S
117 Posts
i just got done replacing all my interior lights with LEDs.

I got them from superbrightleds.com

You will need the following:

(9) Total 194/168 LEDs (I recommend the "6" type of bulb. You will understand when you are on the website.

* (2) Licences plate
* (3) Front map and dome light near rear view mirror
* (2) for rear map lights (if you have a moonroof)
* (2) Left and Right front door valet lights

(1) #74 LED bulb for the shifter (if you plan to do this)

Do an advanced search on ToyotaNation's website and type Netforcer for username and LED bulbs or LED lights in keyword. He was the first to do this and has a great cardomin webpage with pictures. He used blue LEDs and I used white. I don't have pictures uploaded yet.

· Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,397 Posts

(9) Total 194/168 LEDs (I recommend the "6" type of bulb. You will understand when you are on the website.

* (2) Licences plate

Do an advanced search on ToyotaNation's website and type Netforcer for username and LED bulbs or LED lights in keyword. He was the first to do this and has a great cardomin webpage with pictures. He used blue LEDs and I used white. I don't have pictures uploaded yet.
I used white too, it is very nice. I just did mine tonight.

I forgot to order the bulb for the glove box and the trunk, so back to superbrightled.com i go....

Thanks to Netforcer for the LED mod idea :thumbup:

· Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,397 Posts
^ For the trunk, you can replace the light with a cold cathode light kit for computers. Not as compact as LED, but sure as hell brighter than the regular light bulb.

My trunk light mod DIY guide: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177494
F*ck the cool cathodes....

No offense, but I am a little bitter about em'.

I orders 2 pair. I did the footwell DIY you guys did, and it turned out great. Well, at least the driver's side did. The passenger side bulb only lights up half way.

So I'm thinkin', "Damn, change out the cathode for another to see if it was just a bum bulb..."

Nope. 3 out of the 4 bulbs only lit half way. So now only one of my footwells light up all the way.

I'm switching to LEDs.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

* (2) Licences plate

Thanks alot thats what i was looking for.:clap:

· Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,397 Posts
Alrighty. I noticed there wasn't really an actual DIY. I just gathered my info from other peoples mods and went along with it. I don't have pics though, so I will try to make this as easy as possible...when you order your LED's get whatever color you want. Some people on here went with blue, while others went with the cool white....

For the LED's, (1) is for the glove box, (1) is for the trunk light, (1) is for each of the two front doors, (2) are for the map lights, and (2) are for the license plate lights.

And the single Festoon bulb is for the dome light.

You will need to go to superbrightleds.com and order:

(8) WLED-W6 (194) wedge base bulbs

and

(1) 3022-W9 Festoon Bulb 9-LED

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dome light;

Just like the foot well DIY says: (quote from Camrysexxx) "Examine the domelight. On the end TOWARDS the windshield, get your fingers or something thin (such as a flathead screwdriver) to pry it down a bit and than use your fingers to get a good grip and pull down towards the ground. There are 2 clips which. This might take some effort, dont be afraid to pull. Once you hear the clips pop out than STOP.
There will be 2 more little clips which you have to push them in to pull the dome light down. "....

Thats all I did. This is the same process used to pry down the map lights and the dome light.

Take the bulbs out, and replace with LED's. Note that if the LED doesnt work right away, take it out of the socket and turn it around because they are polarized.

Door lights;

Same thing as above, but instead of using a flat head, I used a sharp knife to pry the clear plastic housing away from the door since my flat head wouldn't fit. Take out bulb like before, and replace with LED.

Trunk light; same thing as above.

License plate lights;

Open the trunk, stick your fingers in the vicinity of those little black plastic circle thingies, stick your fingers between the lining and the actual trunk itself and slowly pry. The little plastic thingies will fall. Keep track of them and dont lose em'. There is like 9 or so of them.

You now have excellent access to the license plate bulbs. Unplug them and place your fingers on the "gray" housing and twist gently. The light will pop out. Take out bulb and replace with LED. Once both lights work, place liner back onto trunk lid underbelly, plug in your little black pieces and walla.

LED's all around...

I am not taking credit for this, because like I said before, all this info came from a collective bunch of people that did this mod way before I did.

TN made it possible...

THANKS TN! :whatwhat:

· Registered
2009 Toyota Matrix S
117 Posts
TRUCK LED:
* Use the 194/168 bulb. Use a #6 or brighter #9. Very easy to replace.

GLOVE BOX:
* Use the 74 bulb
* for a DIY use the center door removal instructions in the sticky section (TSB 2007 Camry with PDFs). There is a section to get to bulb. I have not done yet. You can also use a small mirrior to see how bulb is attached.

DOOR LIGHTS:
The light cover just slides out and you take the bulb out and replace. Not hard at all.

SHIFTER light:
* Open cup holder door.
* Turn shifter knob counterclockwise and screw off.
* Take off both pieces (just pop off) on left and right of center storage door under radio
* Gently lift up on panel around shifter and pop out the six clips (they will pop out as you lift

Let me know if anyone needs pics or has more questions.

· Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,397 Posts
^^ it is just 2 pieces. You will see a metal piece right in the middle, take a flat head and carefully pry it off. Next you will see a plastic square in the middle, to get it off, do the same.

pop the bulb and change it out.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.