Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace my turn signals, tail lights and reverse lights with sylvania led lights but when i first put them in i only had rear turn signals and front marker lights. I pulled the front bulbs out and turned them around and now i have turn signals but no marker lights. All the rear lights work fine. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it because i dont have led headlights? I only changed the rear lights at first and i only had front turns till i put the leds in the front. I am very confused, i hope someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking maybe i need to put load equalizers on the front corner marker wires? I just dont understand why i have front turn signals but if take the front turn signal bulbs around i have corner markers. If i turn any of the rears around that bulb wont light up.. I have a led compatible flasher relay already

·
Registered
226 Posts
LEDs are polarity sensitive, so you'll have to match the positive leads on the bulbs with the powered side of the sockets.

Also, load resistors get extremely hot. I would suggest buying no-hyperflash LED bulbs from Amazon for your front and rear turn blinkers.. It's what I use and they actually work.

Test your turn signals when you car is on or running. I know that all the lights work in some cars when they are off, but that's not true for all of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like i said if i have the front turn signal bulbs in one way all 4 turn signals work but the corner markers do not come on with headlights, if i flip them around the front turn signals dont work but the corner markers do. Both ways the light on dash saying that a bulb is out is illuminated. Also from what i saw i dont think the bulbs are marked but i have them all in the right way i just dont know what to do so both my front turn signals and corner lights work as they should

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did you get 3157 conventional-wiring LEDs? or 3157 CK-wiring LEDs?
Toyota uses 3157CK on it's front ambers.

Sylvania 3157 LED ambers only come in conventional wiring. You'll have to get another brand that makes them in CK-wiring.

You will always get a bulb-out warning on your cluster if you use any LEDs on the exterior. How I got around it was to just remove that warning bulb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the conventional bulbs then apparently. Ill get a set of ck bulbs then! Should be good then

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the conventional bulbs then apparently. Ill get a set of ck bulbs then! Should be good then

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get some that have the load resistors builts into them. That way it saves you from having to splice in your own load resistors. Look up "3157 AMBER LED Canbus NO Hyperflash" on Amazon. That's how I found mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. I don't have the hyperflash issue so it should be alright id imagine but ill look on there.

·
Just some guy
2001 4Runner SR5; 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE
27 Posts
My personal choice would be to use a replacement flasher unit if converting to LED lamps in a car not originally designed to operate them. Maybe another $20, but you won't have to worry about which type of LED lamp you use, now or in the future. For your case, I believe they are the same size and shape as the original Toyota part, and plug in directly, as I believe Toyota has used the same flasher design for quite a long time. Modern vehicles with turn signals that automatically turn off (you know, the kind that blink a set number of times and then stop) probably won't need anything at all to operate LEDs, since the flasher is probably not based on load.

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,651 Posts
I actually ended up using load resistors on mine. I forgot where I got it but I found this rubber insulated tape stuff and wrapped the resistors like a cacoon and zip tied them to metal. They do get hot but it's only an issue during the day when I use the turn signals. At night they all get warm but I've never had any issues with melting etc. I got my bulbs from superbright leds

The black thing wrapped in the insulated rubber tape with the red tape holding it is the resistor. You only need one for each side on the fronts, because they fix the hyper flash. I got my bulbs from superbrightleds.com

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts