Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay a bunch of people have been asking for pics n' stuff, but I figured it would just be easier to take a short video. So here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScymscuyKg

The LED's were ordered from www.superbrightleds.com and below was my invoice incase any of you would like to get exactly what I put in the car.

PRODUCT INFORMATION--

Quantity: 2
Product: 3157-xLX3 Luxeon LED bulb $ 24.95 (each)
Options: Amber 3157-ALX3
(Used as front blinkers/parking lights)*see note below

Product: 3156-xLX3 Luxeon LED bulb $ 23.95 (each)
Options: Amber 3156-ALX3
(Used as rear blinkers)

Product: 7443-xLX3 Luxeon LED bulb $ 24.95 (each)
Options: Red 7443-RLX3
(Used as outer main taillights)

Quantity: 1
Product: LED bulb Flasher Unit $ 12.95 (each)
Options: CF18-08
(Replaces stock flasher unit located directly behind the gauge cluster)**see note below

Quantity: 5
Product: WLED-WHP Pure White High Power $ 4.95 (each)
Options:
(1 used for front dome light
2 used in front reading lights
2 used in backup lights)***see note below

Quantity: 1
Product: WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $ 2.99 (each)
Options: Cool White WLED-CW5 0.95
(1 used for trunk light)

Quantity: 4
Product: WLED-WHP6 6-LED bulb $ 4.95 (each)
Options: Cool White - 8500K
(2 used for door courtesy lights
2 used for license plate lights)

Product: WLED-x5 LED Wide Angle LED bulb $ 2.99 (each)
Options: Red WLED-R5
(used for the trunkside taillights)

*Note for the 3157-xLX3 Luxeon LED bulb's: You must purchase a 6ohm resistor for the parking (lower intensity circut) or else it will blow your "TAIL" fuze under the dash. That resistor is not listed above because I have it on order right now.

**Note for the LED bulb Flasher Unit: You must install this if you have LED flashers to prevent hyperflashing. This requires temporarily removing the gauge cluster.

***Note for the WLED-WHP Pure White High Power: I will need to purchase 2 more of these to put in my rear seat reading lamps, I just haven't figured out how to get the originals out yet. So if you're ordering, and plan on installing rear LED reading lamps, then get 2 extra of these.

Remember that most LED's are polarized and can only be installed in one direction in order to work correctly. If you install an LED and it doesn't work, take it out and install it the other way. Positive must be connected to positive and negative must be connected to negative.

It was a fun intall. Hope this helps somebody.

· Registered
886 Posts
I think the rear reading light can be replaced if you remove the headliner. In fact that is the only way I think will work.

Love the LED tail lights

· Registered
07 / Camry
54 Posts
Looks good :thumbup:

· been around the block
2007 Camry SE
371 Posts
I'm still having trouble myself pulling out the rear map lights in my SE. Does anyone know how to get that out of the roof liner? I've tugged, screw driver pryed, and it still doesn't seem to want to come out.

Looking good there MAP, I like the tail light reverse and blinker mod, I might have to just order from SBL again since I need trunk and glove anyways

· Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey the video is great!! how did u get the door courtesy lights cover off?
did u have to remove the door panel?
Nope, I just used the soft-coated flathead screwdriver on my swissarmy pocketknife, carefully wedged it inbetween the clear plastic and the door plastic. The best way to take it out without damaging any plastic is to gently pry while moving your tool to the left and right.

I've now had a lot of DIY requests for this, so I'll try to put a little video together when I get some time today or tomorrow. Actually, I'll probably wait till I get my resistors because I need to install those anyway. Most of the lights are very easy to replace

The LS460 is my fathers.

· ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,532 Posts
Your dad is my kind of guy!

· Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,128 Posts
I think the rear reading light can be replaced if you remove the headliner. In fact that is the only way I think will work.
You think...............you're wrong.........

Read your Service Manual.

· Registered
232 Posts
I've now had a lot of DIY requests for this, so I'll try to put a little video together when I get some time today or tomorrow. Actually, I'll probably wait till I get my resistors because I need to install those anyway. Most of the lights are very easy to replace

The LS460 is my fathers.

have you has achance to do the DYI yet?? im waiting to readover the DYI b4 i order these LED's...

thanks!

· Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
have you has achance to do the DYI yet?? im waiting to readover the DYI b4 i order these LED's...

thanks!
I have taken a few more video's of the LED installations. My goal is to finish a DYI by the end of the weekend. I had to order quite a few more parts to get everything to work correctly, so it's good that you waited. Hang tight.

· Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,397 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the info. How did you get the bulb out? Did you have to pull the whole switch unit out?
Nope....

on the right hand side of the glove box you will see a hinge for the glove box. Disconnect it, and pull down on the glove box to release the tabs that hold it in place. If you have an 07', the instructions for glove box removal can be found on pg 263 of your owner's manual.

Once the glove box is in the downward position, use a pair of needle nose pliers to take out the old and in with the new.

Reassemble glove box and take pics.

Sorry for the late response, I lost track of this thread.

· Registered
834 Posts
I like the LED's in the car. Although not diggin' the LED backup lights. Those will be kinda harsh to people behind you. If those hit my eyes, I'd probably pull you out of your car and cave your head in.:hammer:

· Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,386 Posts
just as promised:
here are the tabs on the light assembly. once you expose them you have to push them inwards and they will release. i tried to point them out with my finger.

this is the side, you do the same thing:

you can release them form any side you want. all for sides have identical tabs.
once that is done you will have to figre out how to remove the bulb. pay close attention to the way you remove the back half of the assembly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.