Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
What is different about it? Can you send some pics our way?

·
Stilkiboy
-98 Camry
220 Posts

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,682 Posts
"Whole and attractive vehicle that is characterized by good maintenance! Contact Eivind, Sverre Marthin or by phone. ****** for more info. Holmane Car Ltd has a long open until 19.00 every Tuesday. We also have Saturday open from the hours of 10-14, except the summer holidays. See our selection of ******* are subject to errors in the ad."

how expensive do you guys think it would cost to ship? o_O (+ phone bill) :p lol

·
Stilkiboy
-98 Camry
220 Posts
how expensive do you guys think it would cost to ship? o_O (+ phone bill) :p lol
You could check out JetCarriers. They are located in New Jersey and do shipping both ways between Scandinavia and the US. They also ship cars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,682 Posts
i was joking :p thanks though i make minimum wage and live at home, i couldn't even afford the shipping let alone the car :p

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,682 Posts
i was trying to find a vin for a camry on there to check some stuff out but it seems that they don't post vins for some reason

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
How much would it cost to ship one of those bumpers?

Any why does the US get screwed with designs like that?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The bumper itself is probably not much as it's not very heavy. But unsure if you have everything else you might need though.
We have fog-light notification light in the dashboard, and we have the button for it on the same stick as the signal lights and driving/high beam lights.

You could of course just put in a separate switch for it and connect it directly to the battery.

Keep in mind we have probably less then 30 of these gen 4.5 on the roards here in norway, and even less in the junkyard, so finding a bumper in good shape and the right color might not be the easiest.

I can take as many pics as you might want as my wifes car's usually at home all the time as she doesn't like to drive on icy roards anymore after she took her mitsubishi for a flight off the road a month ago.
From the driving marks she made i'd guess she thought it was a snowboard and not a car she was driving, lol... :p

·
Stilkiboy
-98 Camry
220 Posts
How much would it cost to ship one of those bumpers?

Any why does the US get screwed with designs like that?
It's under $200 with JetCarriers. But the hard part is to find one.

You could drive by your local stealership and see if they find something on these part#:
52119‑33919: Eurostyle bumper
81221‑33120: Left foglamp
81211‑33120: Right foglamp

Just have in mind that one foglamp costs as much as the bumper...

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Are there any companies that produce replacements in Norway?

·
Stilkiboy
-98 Camry
220 Posts
Are there any companies that produce replacements in Norway?
Not in Norway, no. But the japanese gen4 also got this bumper so there might be a japanese/taiwan spare part manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Thanks.
Are those washer nozzles on the top of the cover? Is that federal law?

·
Stilkiboy
-98 Camry
220 Posts
No, but it's quite common because of the winter. It's mandatory only if the car's got xenon(HID) lights along with automatic heightadjusting lights.

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,682 Posts
The one thing I hate is you can't just search for example : Japanese dealerships and have it pull up dealerships in Japan, not only do you have to out. .jp at the end but also have to search in japaense because I guarantee if u called a dealership in Australia or Japan or w/e I bet they would still have the gracia bumper etc brand new

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
To remove the headlight motor, you must first remove the headlamp. Mke sute you unscrew the adjustment screw on the motor before removing the headlamp(It should be clockwise, same way as when you're adjusting the lamp upwards). Behind the headlamp it's three nuts(10mm) witch holds it and voila!

As far as to what's wrong it might be a broken wire or the motor itself. Yoy could try the right motor on the left side and visa versa to rule out one of the two. Connectors should be the same. The pic is from the right side due to pure convenience :p

Other differences:
Gen4 (-98) front:

(Teddybear's not stock)

A/C-unit is mirrored:
Norwegian stock option:

US Solara a/c unit:

Fold-in mirrors(required by EU-regulations):

Does anyone know the part number for headlight motor for 1998 camry?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts