Toyota Nation Forum banner

Left headlight motor not working

10K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  Femson 
#1 ·
So, I have my 99 mod 2.2 (Norwegian versjon, probably most similar to the XLE i think). Everything it working perfect exept of one thing; the left headlight motor doesn't respond.

I'm unsure of where it is, and if this is a common problem.

I know the motor worked fine in the summer. But after i got the car back from the mechanics, the left headlight didn't want to adjust anymore.

I'm unsure if he have done anything in that area at all, or if it's simply the cold weather that might cause it. As it's -15c now, instead of +20c wich it was when i used it last.
I Do know one lightbulb have been changed though, as it have a slightly different colour then the other one.
The car have been washed a coupple of times after i got it back, and it's possible it could have come water on it wich have frozen, as it's been -10 to -15c here when it's been washed.

when i try to adjust the headlights, the right light moves as normal, but left is stuck.
I need to get this fixed ASAP to pass periodical inspection wich is tomorrow... >_<

Does anyone have any guide to find, check and posseboly change this motor?

tried to look through the FAQ thread, but didn't find anything about the headlight motors.

See less See more
#35 ·
No, but it's quite common because of the winter. It's mandatory only if the car's got xenon(HID) lights along with automatic heightadjusting lights.

#36 ·
The one thing I hate is you can't just search for example : Japanese dealerships and have it pull up dealerships in Japan, not only do you have to out. .jp at the end but also have to search in japaense because I guarantee if u called a dealership in Australia or Japan or w/e I bet they would still have the gracia bumper etc brand new

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.