Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have 1 year old toyota and immediately ran into GPS/Blue Tooth, etc. problems. Toyota ran me around, including denying they knew of any problems. Turns out, they were well aware of my problem as well as this problem in most 2018-9 new Toyotas. Tried to work with them, and they just blew me off. Turns out there are some inherent federal laws on this type of issue, besides Lemon laws. Found an excellent attorney who will not charge me a dime, in Florida, that is addressing this problem with Toyota. Waiting for a reasonable settlement or go to trial.

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,272 Posts
I have 1 year old toyota and immediately ran into GPS/Blue Tooth, etc. problems. Toyota ran me around, including denying they knew of any problems. Turns out there are some inherent federal laws on this type of issue, besides Lemon lawsFound an excellent attorney.Waiting for a reasonable settlement or go to trial.
Just curious to know more about this "inherent federal law" u refer to ? Reasonable settlement, sounds like your in arbitration (negotiation) with yoda ? Understand frustration, but good luck on outcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is no fantasy. Inherent warranties for new products and covenants and promises included Can prove issues of problems with Toyota ignoring and failure to fix, to date. This attorney's practice is only in these areas and inherent warranties, under Federal Law. This is not a contingency, but, the attorney takes the case based on issue and his fees are paid by auto party. Nothing lost either way and no costs. It goes through him making a complaint and they either settle or go to trial. This will be subject to meditation, not arbitration. I say it this way, because last thing that Toyota wants is for a loss by trial because they have a precedent and potential forced recall. I have had 2 offers, but refused until it at least pays for the cost of extra upgraded equipment and multiple documented failures by dealer. Also, the National Office of Toyota never acted in good faith while I tried to work this through. I am not an attorney, although I have a background in many things relating to law and contracts. Again, they settle with nondisclosure, or they chance a trial, which will be very public.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Lemon laws are not federal, and may vary somewhat by state. There are federal laws related to warranties, including the new car warranty and also emissions warranty (which most people don't even know about). There are also implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and merchantability, but those are state laws (part of the Uniform Commercial Code adopted by most states).

I don't know what laws you are talking about, but it sounds to me like this is an advertisement for legal services, especially since you provided very little actual information on your complain, not even any clear information about the alleged defect in GPS/Blue Tooth.

·
7,786 Posts
There is a rule that, if dealer/manufacturer does not remedy problem under warranty in 30 days, owner is entitled to vehicle replacement.

All 50 states have some form of Lemon Law which mandates that manufacturers must buy back or replace fatally flawed cars. That is, the cars that cannot be repaired after a certain number of repair attempts or days in the shop. This is often four times OR 30 days in the first year. But the part of that sentence that causes the phenomenon described in the first paragraph is the word “manufacturers.”

·
Registered
2014 HL XLE AWD
2,272 Posts
Waiting for a reasonable settlement or go to trial. If anyone out there needs the name of an excellent attorney for automotive issues, I can forward the name to anyone that asks.
Just curious...What do u consider a "reasonable settlement"? What makes u think you have an "excellent attorney"? Ok if u can't say, but makes one wonder? Tnx.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
There is a rule that, if dealer/manufacturer does not remedy problem under warranty in 30 days, owner is entitled to vehicle replacement.

All 50 states have some form of Lemon Law which mandates that manufacturers must buy back or replace fatally flawed cars. That is, the cars that cannot be repaired after a certain number of repair attempts or days in the shop. This is often four times OR 30 days in the first year. But the part of that sentence that causes the phenomenon described in the first paragraph is the word “manufacturers.”
In the state Lemon laws that I have seen (they vary by state), it has to be more than a minor problem, it has to be where the car cannot be safely driven with the problem and must be left at the dealer.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Just curious...What do u consider a "reasonable settlement"? What makes u think you have an "excellent attorney"? Ok if u can't say, but makes one wonder? Tnx.
That's why I think he is just advertising for the attorney on this forum.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,420 Posts
A Mod edited the original post to avoid any blatant advertising, but I think this thread would be more helpful if more details about the issue(s) were described - others may be having a similar issue perhaps.

What Toyota vehicle, what year, what radio option package for starters.
What, specifically, was the "GPS/Blue Tooth, etc." issue(s)? GPS and BT are different features.

The title of this thread looks to be less informative about a specific issue and more to indicate legal info via a specific attorney. Without specifics about the problem I would be inclined to remove this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts