Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hello to everyone!

as some of you already knows i'm going to blow my camry :)lol:) with a m90 blower on a custom intake manifold witch should house a 4 core laminova water/air intercooler!

this is the build thread i'll use to post shit ang giggles about the build!

:licklips:

first thing planned is to fully rebuild the blower. old supercharger oil stinks like HELL my whole workshop stinks because of it lol

today at work i completely dissasembled the snout assembly using a hydraulic press. then i separated the rotor pack from the housing. now i only need to press the gears out and then the rotors and the bearings

the m90 blower came to me with the intake track from the car it was on. i scavenged the bypass valve and actuator to use on my manifold

new tools i bought to add a little professional touch to the finish of the blower

pressure sand blaster and powder coat kit

thats it for today!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Not bad man! You certainly know whats up. Heck, this thing may be on the road and running before Gabe has his MP90 kits on the road! :eek: :lol: Can't wait to see how this goes.

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad man! You certainly know whats up. Heck, this thing may be on the road and running before Gabe has his MP90 kits on the road! :eek: :lol: Can't wait to see how this goes.
thanks man! but there is no way ever that this will be on the road before gabe's kit lol

might even go till spring... well see i'll post my progress in this thread ...

the problem with me is that i begin a whole lot of projects and then all of them goes slow LOL

curently on my to-do list i have to swap the 5 speed in my cam, relocate the battery to the trunk, rebuild this blower, build a manifold w intercooler for the m90, build a sandblast cabinet, yesterday i saw an homemade metal buffer on the net so now i have to make one lol, i have 2 jet engines that needs wiring and fuel systems done etc.. lol

i'm good for the winter i think...:facepalm:

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay warm with poutine !

Link to metal buffer ?
LOLOLOLOL make fun of it all you want its still one of my favourite fast food :lol: :licklips:poutine

for the buffer : post 277
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3343194

i already have a 1/2 hp motor and the pillow block bearings. i'll pick up a piece of cold rolled 3/4 shaft tomorrow at work for the axle!

i cant wait to see this finished

Subscribed ... !!!
thanks! :)

·
Registered
1996 Camry 5SFE 5spd
688 Posts
thanks man! but there is no way ever that this will be on the road before gabe's kit lol

might even go till spring... well see i'll post my progress in this thread ...
Do you have a 1mz throttle body handy to take a measurement? I figured with all those parts lying around you might have the TB close at hand - I am thinking about joining a 1mz TB and part of a plenum to a 5S intake manifold since the 5S TB is only 51mm diameter IIRC. If it's not too much trouble I need the inside diameter of the largest and smallest parts of the throttle body...

I think one of the problems with the 5S manifold's flow is the restiction just downstream of the TB which limits airflow above ~6K RPM or so. Am hoping the larger TB will eliminate this...a fellow TN member suggested I try this...

How much power are you looking at making with this setup? Looks like you are in the fun stages with all the disassembly and cleaning, etc - keep up the good work!:D

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
SUBSCRIZZLE!!!!! OH MAN THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD...Good to see another aviation mechanic on here....:thumbsup:

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a 1mz throttle body handy to take a measurement? I figured with all those parts lying around you might have the TB close at hand - I am thinking about joining a 1mz TB and part of a plenum to a 5S intake manifold since the 5S TB is only 51mm diameter IIRC. If it's not too much trouble I need the inside diameter of the largest and smallest parts of the throttle body...

I think one of the problems with the 5S manifold's flow is the restiction just downstream of the TB which limits airflow above ~6K RPM or so. Am hoping the larger TB will eliminate this...a fellow TN member suggested I try this...

How much power are you looking at making with this setup? Looks like you are in the fun stages with all the disassembly and cleaning, etc - keep up the good work!:D
thanks man! but sorry i dont have a TB on hand, why not just build a manifold from scratch using only the oem runners?

i'm looking at 300whp intercooled with maybe meth injection

looks liek ya have the right tools for the job. good luck and have fun, looking foward to updates:thumbsup:.
i'll be having a lot of fun thats for sure :)

SUBSCRIZZLE!!!!! OH MAN THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD...Good to see another aviation mechanic on here....:thumbsup:
i'm no aviation mechanic LOL i'm just a welder :lol:

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
oh...lol well...u work on jets....thats good enough for me....:lol:

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
geez :headbang:...lol.....just take the damn credit...:lol:

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Subscribed! :D

Keep us posted on this, if it works out, I might do the same :)lol:)

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
i thought you wanted to go with a snail :dunno:
I go with whatever seems to be the best bang for the buck :lol:

if I can get a good snail and hardware for less than a supercharger, I'll do that; otherwise, blow me car :lol:

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mini update!

today i completely dissasembled the rotor pack, this is what an eaton M90 looks all torn apart! :D all i can say is that rebuilding a supercharger will be far more work than rebuilding a turbocharger!!

this weekend i took a couple hours to make this

now i cant rebuild the SC right now as i want to polish it and powdercoat it while its dissasembled! and to do that i need to build a polisher, finish my sandblast cabinet and find an oven to cure the powder coat! i want to use a "anodized translucent red" powder on top of the polished aluminium... :)

·
Registered
1996 Camry 5SFE 5spd
688 Posts
Wow - green with envy!

I wish I had the space/time to have a workshop like that! I'm relegated to the parking lot as a workspace and the occasional kitchen table as long as the girlfriend is not home:lol:

Looks like much fun - very interested to see how well it performs!

·
hx35 turbo camry
1994 camry v6 3.0l
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stripping paint is no fun lol messy as hell, so far i have the rotor plate and snout completely stripped off their paint and pre polished with a bristle wheel in my drill press

i modified the original SC inlet flange to make it wider so i can fit the throttle body flange on it... this is not finished i'll wait till i have a plenum to take measures off it. in the last pic the weld has been all ground down and rounded off with a sandpaper roll. i need to get my hands on some mini polishing wheels so i can do a mirror finish on the intake tract

1 - 20 of 161 Posts