Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Silver and black go together like lamb and tuna fish. :)

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I think both look good. Chrome/silver is more of a street, clean look IMO. Silver/black looks a little tougher and aggressive.

I, most likely, have more black than you do. Here's the latest pic anyway.

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
I like both, but the black looks WAY better IMHO... click the pic on my signature and you can see tons of pics...

·
Registered
dub cab
214 Posts
yea black and silver all the way

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts

Boone, you're definitely right. Makes it look a lot more aggressive. :thumbup:

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
AdrenaliNate said:
I ran clear corners for 6 mos and now I'm black...that's all I'm saying.
And once you go black... well anything else is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
I went with clear mod as I want to go with a Billet Grill eventually and liked the looked of the clear. I don't have any pics, just a video. Let me know if you want to see it.

You can always start out going clear, and then if you don't like it you can go black. It will be hard to do it the other way, unless you buy new lights.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
can someone Photoshop my truck with Black headlights? I keep going back and forth looking at these pictures. But i REALLY want to see how it will look on mine with the silver skid plate and black tube step combo. I would really appreciate it, ya :cool:

either of these pics (or both) would help me make up my mind.

·
Call me Nate
2005 Tacoma DC TRD S
584 Posts
06Sport said:
can someone Photoshop my truck with Black headlights? I keep going back and forth looking at these pictures. But i REALLY want to see how it will look on mine with the silver skid plate and black tube step combo. I would really appreciate it, ya :cool:

Sorry I can't photoshop your lights but I do want to know if you have any better shots of your black tube steps. I have a set of chrome ones that I'm thinking of having powdercoated black.

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
black housing sure looks purdy!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
06Sport said:

Didn't you take notice to my skid plate? Black out your emblem like I did and your front end will look just the same...BADASS!

Here's a closer shot of the front:

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
^ yeah, i just wanted the whole package in one angle shot like in my pic. Hood scoop, black tube steps, and skid. But it does help alittle ;)

Sorry I can't photoshop your lights but I do want to know if you have any better shots of your black tube steps. I have a set of chrome ones that I'm thinking of having powdercoated black.
I dont have many right now (at work), I will see. If not, I can have some by tomorrow. I believe they are Aries tube steps. These are the only pics i have right now. Hope they help.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Silver and Black all the way. Black hood scoop and roof, too....

·
Call me Nate
2005 Tacoma DC TRD S
584 Posts
06Sport said:
^ yeah, i just wanted the whole package in one angle shot like in my pic. Hood scoop, black tube steps, and skid. But it does help alittle ;)

I dont have many right now (at work), I will see. If not, I can have some by tomorrow. I believe they are Aries tube steps. These are the only pics i have right now. Hope they help.
Thanks, those helped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts