Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia 4x2 Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. 05 Sequoia Limited.
I've raked this forum and other sites and diagrams and assembly charts and OEM vendors and left their living rooms without a sound or sight so the kiddies can wake up to their presents after sleep is tight. So far, I haven't been able to pinpoint where, or why (potentially) there is NO fuel filter or WHAT YEAR they (potentially) "put the filters in the tanks".
Ok first of all why in the hell would they put it in the tank when even the best fuel filters that I know of at most have lasted less than 100-150k before they finally give up the ghost and you HAVE to replace it?
Justifying further, I've never heard of people having to replace the tanks on Tundras/Sequoias unless A-upgrade or B-damage. I've also been "told" 05 and up they upgraded to plastic tanks so they feasibly ELIMINATED the filters due to no rust concern, so speaking...
With that being said, there anyone who'd like to be Moses here about this fuel filter mystery? Because conclusion of my multi-joint inspection to my Sequoia reveal no nutsack to be found captain.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sequioa 1st Gen
52 Posts
You have an odd vernacular but very easy to understand, I don't have much to add as to WHY or WHEN but I did replace mine on my 04 Limited 2WD and it made sooo much of a difference. At least 50+ it felt like lol!. Looks to be OEM and it was at 228k so I'm assuming it was very clogged up before I got it.

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia SR5 4x4
57 Posts
'05 and up have the filter in the tank, as part of the fuel pump assembly. One of several engineering mistakes, in my opinion. [Starter location, sealed transmission being the other two]

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sequioa 1st Gen
52 Posts
Oh do not mention that god damn starter. Novice mechanic here had to replace every fuel injector seal due to that fucking starter. Replaced it put everything back together, started fine but had fuel leaking out the ass. $120 in parts later it's been running without issue ever since but my god having that happen my daily was frustrating.. Did save quite a bit of money doing it myself though, got to threadlocker, silicone, clean and torque everything myself so my intake is gonna be good lol. Thankfully my 04 has a dipstick for the transmission, close to doing a fluid change myself since my yolk drive seal broke spraying atf everywhere ;(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts