Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,560 Posts
I have Raybestos EHT pads on my DD Mazda 626 with a mild OE brake upgrade to the 1st gen Mazda 3 front brakes.

I have had nothing but praise for these brake pads! Never any noise, never any low speed creeping chatter, never any squealing, hard to fade in a low power family sedan, they always stop smoothly with no crunch or clunk at the last inch of stop, they don't get grabby with extreme hot or cold weather, they're wearing like iron (around 20-30k miles on them and they're way over 1/2 pad left), they stop well every time, keep the rotors wiped clean of rust creeping in from the edges (I park it outside), and if there's any brake dust I can't find it.

I would have to say that the OP has an issue other than the brake pads, as I literally just slapped these in place of some OE Mazda brake pads that had been in use for about 2000 miles prior on the new rotors. Likely there's something seized up preventing an even apply of the brakes causing that noise and lowered performance, he'll have to get into it and find out before condemning the pads as bad.

·
New Corolla Owner
21 Posts
I'm confused. One guy says metalic make noise, the other guys says ceramic makes noise ! I think I'm gonna need to replace my brk pads soon. So, the Akebono pads are good ?

·
Premium Member
14,560 Posts
The Akebono pads are good.

Metallic brake pads tend to make more dust and and are more likely to make noise when creeping forward but generally stop a lot better.

Ceramic brake pads tend to dust less and be quieter but don't stop as well.

There's exceptions to the generalizations always, depends on the formulation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts