Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
BTW - its not the wheel diameter that is the problem, its the rim width, offset, and most importantly, the tire you put on it. TRD rims for yaris are 18" and they don't rub with the right tire.

·
Vivir el momento
18,784 Posts
名晨改装;2938040 said:
两门版的yaris很漂亮,可惜我们中国美有这款,遗憾..........................好向往去国外
Translated:

2 version of the yaris is very beautiful, a pity that our China and the United States have this, unfortunately, ........................ .. well aspire to go abroad

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very Very helpful thread, I will definitely reference this when I get some new wheels. Just want something basic for better handling. I have some white 16s I had on an old celica that I may try. Will report on the results :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm selling off my sw20 mr2 an buying an 03 Echo to slam an do a fitment on..

Wraith has the best setup thus far.. Wait til I get an echo ;) jk

btw what type of suspension do these cars run? I'm assuming macpherson up front, what about the rear? Thisll help me get a head start on a fitment

EDIT! Nvm.. A little searching answered my Q, does anyone know how much, if any, rear camber can be adjusted?

Also! Wraith do you have any shots down the side of your car showing poke of the 8 +0? thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
01 Echo, 1.6" drop on B&G springs, kybgr2 struts, 15x7 drag DR20s wrapped with dunlop Direzzas 205/50/15
(i have volk te37s im thinking of putting on for this summer rather than the dr20s)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love it! My favorite color and body setup on the Echos. I have been trying to find a black one in my area but the cheapest I found was 6k with 160k on it. I paid 1700 for mine so I cant bring myself to do it haha.
Not that it isnt worth it, I love this car in ways I cant my vr4 and supra haha (reliability, power for the fuel used, etc etc)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love it! My favorite color and body setup on the Echos. I have been trying to find a black one in my area but the cheapest I found was 6k with 160k on it. I paid 1700 for mine so I cant bring myself to do it haha.
Not that it isnt worth it, I love this car in ways I cant my vr4 and supra haha (reliability, power for the fuel used, etc etc)

Thanks for the comment bro. Yea black is my color to. A black car is just sexy. Lol. But I'm going to be changing Up the color for 2012. This year I'm focusing on my motor swap. 05 corolla xrs swap. Off the back I'm doing I/h/e apexi PFC, and a real nice stage 2 or 3 clutch. Within time n hopefully before July I have the cams, rods, pistons, etc for a full rebuild. But yea the color is changing and so are the rims. Either going with the 15x8s OG axis ol schools or try to find the 15x8 Volk TE37. The current setup, I did just to make her look nice. Everything you see done I had done within a 3-4 week period after just buying her. I had $$ saved up cause I was gonna pay off my 05 corolla XRS that was totaled do to black ice. So I was sitting on about 8gs. Didn't waist time after that. Longest part was finding an echo in great shape. And your are right. These little echoes are expensive. Found a 2k echo, 170k miles. The guy wanted $5,800. Man that guy is buggin. Lol. But keep us posted on your echo boss. Some pics of her would be nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Offset

Enkei RPF1 Silver, 15x7, 41mm offset. Kumho Ecsta tires.

I luv those rims. Picture are not the best quality. I tried my best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Miata enkies

Just got a set of enkie daisy wheels and tires from an early 90's miata. Gonna use 5mm spacers for caliper clearance .125 got me about .125 clearance. So.196 should work fine. Cant wait to get them rolling, Been on some nasty dinged up steelies since I bought it a few months ago.

·
450k+ Mile Echo Coupe
226 Posts
For reference of Miata wheels on an Echo. Nothing changed with offset as far as I know. Stock-ish height, too.

185/60/14's, and clear the brakes fine. I heard the daisy wheels didn't from The Barber, so avoided them... these look better anyway ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my 02 Echo sitting on Rota Grid Classic 15x8 with 0 offset. It pokes out a bit as you can see and I am rubbing like crazy. I've been trying to fab a wide body for the rear and roll the fronts. I wanna go 9's in the rear (useless I know) but yeah I havent driven this car in 3 months cause i'm switching to manual steering rack. My plans for this car is slamm it, light suspension mods, lip, rear roof wing, and setting it up for ecomodding to get 45-50 MPG.

---

I also am trying to find a second pair of headlights so I can paint my light like this dude! Someone PM me if you have any and please make sure the tabs aren't broken!!
not mine. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at finally buying some wheel and tires for my 2004 Echo RS

The rims and tire package i was looking at are:
RIms: 15 X 7 (was also looking at 15 X 6.5)
Tires: 205/50/15

Will I have to do any modifications to my car at all? will it look weird (need to drop?)

I would prefer not to spend more money dropping the car if possible.

Thanks alot for any help :)

·
450k+ Mile Echo Coupe
226 Posts
Thinking about using 195/60/14 6.5" with a 32mm or 35mm offset. off 95 Volkswagen passat will these fit good and will my lug nuts for my steal rims work or will I need new ones. Wish I could get some sweet rims but don't have the money these are $80 with decent tires.http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1035615279
No. Passat wheels should be 5-lug bolt patterns unless I'm missing some base model or you swapped hubs but neglected to mention it.

I common swap I've seen and have myself are Miata wheels.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts