Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
450k+ Mile Echo Coupe
226 Posts
I am looking at finally buying some wheel and tires for my 2004 Echo RS

The rims and tire package i was looking at are:
RIms: 15 X 7 (was also looking at 15 X 6.5)
Tires: 205/50/15

Will I have to do any modifications to my car at all? will it look weird (need to drop?)

I would prefer not to spend more money dropping the car if possible.

Thanks alot for any help :)
Depends on the offset. A lot of the guys have posted their offsets and tire sizes to give you an idea already.

As for the drop, it can be done for a relatively low price-- springs can be had new for under $200 if you find the right deal. it's the air suspension and coilovers that'd hurt more. Scion xA springs would also open up what you can do lowering wise if you go that route. xB springs are made for the heavy xB body, so they'd probably add lift (xB owners have been known to use Echo springs for a cheap drop). With such a small diameter wheel, it doesn't look like you need a drop. Of course there are other things to consider with springs... their spring rate and new shocks, etc. Really depends what you're looking for-- a looker, driver, or racer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm a new member here. I'm buying an 03 echo sedan from my dad and want to spice it up a bit.
I'm planning on a drop and new rims/tires in the very near future, but I have two questions first..
1) how are most of you achieving a 4" drop!? I can't, for the life of me, get this site to navigate so I can research on my own without asking..
2) Wraith posted on the first page with the yellow mesh rims.. 15x8 with 205/55s.. What was he referencing in the parenthesis? I have no clue an I need to know the offset to make it work. I love that stance..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at finally buying some wheel and tires for my 2004 Echo RS

The rims and tire package i was looking at are:
RIms: 15 X 7 (was also looking at 15 X 6.5)
Tires: 205/50/15

Will I have to do any modifications to my car at all? will it look weird (need to drop?)

I would prefer not to spend more money dropping the car if possible.

Thanks alot for any help :)

Well I found some cheap replica BBS rims and tires for around 400 bucks (CDN) and I couldn't pass em up. 195/55/15 if my memory serves me right (much wider but no mods needed) I also drive my car in the winter so cant drop it but I think it turned out pretty decent
Gunmetal with the chrome Lips

·
450k+ Mile Echo Coupe
226 Posts
Perusing Craigslist, I found a set of Rota RB's in the style I've been wanting for years, with 195/50/15x7 +13 offset. The offset is the thing most putting me off from gathering my money and buying them. Considering it's "only" a 7" wide wheel with "only" 195mm, that doesn't suggest the extreme rub of say, an 8"/205mm/+0 like above. Is that too much of a push with a 2" drop?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally got some rims on my Echo.
+35 Watanabe F8 14x6.5 on 195/60/14 Falken Azenis. Front calipers were touching the rims so I'm going to have to slap 5mm spacers on. I'll post another pic when I effectively have +30 rims.

·
denist
2 Posts
These photos are all very nice, but I want to know what seat I can swop, for the benefit of my rear end (not the cars!)over a 2,900 mile trip from Vancouver BC to Toronto Canada.

·
Registered
20 Posts
These photos are all very nice, but I want to know what seat I can swop, for the benefit of my rear end (not the cars!)over a 2,900 mile trip from Vancouver BC to Toronto Canada.
That's nice. Then maybe you should have made a thread or made a comment somewhere other than a thread about -WHEELS-.

·
denist
2 Posts
Sorry about that, but I had a great deal of difficulty trying to use this web site. Thanks for the feedback on my errant behaviour.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts