Toyota Nation Forum banner

281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Wheels/Tires: Enkei OR52 18x7.5 +38 with Kumho Ecsta SPT's 225/40/18
Suspension: Eibach Pro-Kit (1.2" drop all around), KYB GR-2 struts, TRD strut bar, TRD sway bar
Comments: Lots of rubbing with 5mm spacers in the rear. Pictures show setup without spacers.

Old setup: Konig Tantrums 17x7 +45 with Falken Ziex 912's 215/50/17
Suspension: Same as above
Comments: No rubbing at all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you guys think i would have any problems with rubbing with an 18 inch rim and 245/40/18 tire on an 05 camry with stock suspension?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a 1998 rayray with 22540R18 tires, 7.5 inch width 45 offset wheels on stock suspension. No rub! wheels clear the fenders by a few millimeters literally..not even enough for a finger to fit but it is clear! only time I've ever had rubbing issues is when going up hill and I have 5 people + me in the car...and by people I mean girls. The car does have 200k+ on it so it could def use a new set of shocks and springs so it wouldn't squat down far enough to rub when loaded up.

Stock Suspension is actually pretty forgiving with big rims and low profile tires, with this brutal 3 snow storms in my area I've hit potholes etc. pretty hard with no damage to the wheel since the soft suspension takes most of the abuse. Ex. my mom's mazda3 has 205-45-R17 tires on it and she gets bubbles frequently..despite being an old lady not even coming close to breaking the speed limit...

However...the rapid change in temperature for the front wheels from the heat from the disc brakes and the extreme cold temperates caused my clearcoat on my rims to peel..rear wheels were fine since their drums...but note to self ride stock wheels in winter. :clap:

·
Registered
1999 Camry
655 Posts
ive got Toyota 16"x7 offset 38mm
sorry to post without putting up a picture, but does anybody know if this is a gen4 camry wheel in australia or does it come on another model in NA ? they look nice and i wanna try to find them

thanks,
d

EDIT: nvm i found it for sale online but its only 16x6... did he type it wrong because he said his was 16x7...

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
18 Posts
1996 V6 LE

OLD:
15x6 stock steel rims, +45 offset
Falkien Ziex ZE-912 tires, 215/60/15

NEW:
16x6.5 steel rims from 2007 LE, +45 offset
Falkien Ziex ZE-912 tires, 215/55/16

no spacers needed front or rear, no rubbing, it'll look pretty good once they get dirty like the rest of the car

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey everyone, I am glad I have found this thread but it seems everyone has gone beyond stock vehicles. I have a 1998 Camry LE, I4. I mention the I4 because I have drum brakes in the rear. I am tyring to find out what size 17" rims I can put on my vehicle and what is the widest tires I can go without using spacers, rubbing my struts or fenders. I plan on keeping everything stock. No lowering or fender rolling or anything like that. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
sorry to post without putting up a picture, but does anybody know if this is a gen4 camry wheel in australia or does it come on another model in NA ? they look nice and i wanna try to find them

thanks,
d

EDIT: nvm i found it for sale online but its only 16x6... did he type it wrong because he said his was 16x7...
I think he got it wrong..

I've got 2001 Camry Touring and they were an option for them i believe,
mine are 16x6 with 205 tyres, I've tried to fit wider tyres with these rims but they hit the stock coil over springs.

·
Registered
1994 Lexus ES300
79 Posts
Question: I have a Gen 3 with a 1.8" drop. I want to fit some 18x8.5 wheels with a +45mm offset. I already shaved my rear fenders and I'm planning on shaving the front ones too, but I still don't know if they're going to fit. I don't want to mount them on the car because they're still in unopened, mint condition, and if they don't fit I want to sell them. Does anyone know if this is possible? Any input is appreciated.

Edit: I am also going to pull my fenders, and I'll probably stretch the tires on the new wheels to make more room, but I'm still not sure they're going to fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
97 camry i4 ... lowered with tokico hp blues and intrax springs ... springs have been on for over a year now and should be through their 'relaxing' period ...

so basically lowered about 1.6" in the front and 1.5" in the back ...

i have 18x8 wheels +45 offset and 215/45/18 tires all around ...

there is rubbing, especially in the back under really hard acceleration, full trunk/backseat, or hard bumps. i will need to roll fenders in the back at least, probably all around.

the rear wheels are perfectly flush with the fender ... the front wheels are pushed out just a smidgen too far but you cant tell from the pictures ...

Hey could you post some 3/4 angle shots of your camry please? thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking for the best sizes without using spacers
Gen 3 wagon
Bc coil overs

Want to be flush with a tiny bit of poke is ok

I was thinking 16x8+25 front??

For the rear 16x8+10???

What do you think?

281 - 300 of 303 Posts