·
Registered
6 Posts
There are Mazda 6 Wheels
Offset is 60mm on the wheels
15mm H&R spacers were installed on the back to prevent rub on the strut
5mm spacers were intalled on the front to prevent rub on the caliper
the car was also lowered 2inches with Sprint springs with Tokico struts
the wheels are wrapped in Pilot MXM4 P215/50R17 tires, making the wheels a little more than an inch taller than stock.

All that combination yielded this result:

·
Registered
01 camry
149 Posts
wow there is some nice nice rims out there... my time to seek for some i am not a fan of my hub caps... and websites? where to view or pick up for a good deal> suggestions for a white 01 camry?

·
John
2000 camry ce
228 Posts
ive got a 2000 2.2L, with recently installed 17x7 bronze enkei RSV, with kumho ecsta711 215/40/17 +35mm offset. stock suspension (which sucks) and an even more recent blown right rear strut :p but only under very hard turns do i experiance any rubbing, which is more than likely my struts fault. heres a pic

·
Registered
536 Posts
Tenzo GT-5 18x8.0" rims (graphite w/polished lip)
45mm offset
Yokohama Avid H4S tires - 225/40/18
setup: Eibach pro-kit 1.2", Tokico struts (blues)

Rear wheels rubs against struts; needed 5mm spacers. Front wheels are okay. Ride quality is pretty good; i'm impressed. I barely hear any noise while driving. As for the wheels, there's about a 1.5-finger gap on the rear and 2-finger gap for the front. I wish the front is lowered more; about 1.7" would be perfect. No rubbing at all, and no need to roll my fenders (whatever that means).

Note: If you don't want to deal with spacers, stick with 40mm offset (for gen4s and 4.5s)! -REMEMBER-

·
Registered
452 Posts
a newbie question, please do not bash or flame me. What are the disadvantages of spacers? will spacers cause performance or safety problems?
Also, how do you know what dimension spacers you need? say if I buy a wheel with 45mm offset, for a gen 4 which spacer do I need? 45mm - 40mm=5mm?

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
keithy said:
a newbie question, please do not bash or flame me. What are the disadvantages of spacers? will spacers cause performance or safety problems?
Also, how do you know what dimension spacers you need? say if I buy a wheel with 45mm offset, for a gen 4 which spacer do I need? 45mm - 40mm=5mm?

Spacer cause more damage and safety issues that good... They lower the amount of thread the lug nuts can clamp down on and put more stress on a part of the wheel stud where it was meant to be ... Sooo out of now where you'll have a wheel popping out on the freeway ...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks for the info Wraith. I am definately learning more and more each day from you guys in TN.

Wraith said:
Spacer cause more damage and safety issues that good... They lower the amount of thread the lug nuts can clamp down on and put more stress on a part of the wheel stud where it was meant to be ... Sooo out of now where you'll have a wheel popping out on the freeway ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
keithy said:

It all depends if you use the right spacers or not...

sometimes you might encounter the need for a small spacers like a 3mm, this won't affect your car that much, it'll take like 1 thread out of your stud.

But if you have the need for a bigger spacer, such as 15mm or more, suspension companies offer spacers with new studs, you will need to knock out your current studs and replace them with the ones that came with the spacer.

And easier alternative is having spacers that bolt on to your current studs with a nut and carries studs of its own. (usually for spacers of 40mm or more, unless u have notches on your wheel that can accomodate the nut)

but if you go guetto and only add spacers without properly doing anything to the studs, you will decrease the number of threads that your nuts will use to hold the wheel, therefore - lowering your support of the wheel.

BENEFITS:

A lot of people, including me, like it when the wheels are flush with the fenders... you can accomplish this with a nice set of spacers or by getting a lower offset on your wheels (usually with deep dish wheels)... sometimes, good looks, come with sacrifices. :whatwhat:

·
Registered
28 Posts
deep dishes...

Anyone have any deep-dish rims? on a gen. 3? basically im lookin to get something in the 18x9 or 18x8.5 range, and i think a deep dish or something with a lotta lip would look reallly nice.
I'm running a 4cyl, and i also have plans for doing a new front-end, maybe a es300 w/ a kit/lip and hopefully airbag suspension. 19s would be hot but i think it would require too much modification to run all of that, and idk if ride quality would be good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Will 18 x 7.5 inch rims with +38 offset fit on a Gen 4? I've been searching but all offsets I've seen have been 40+. Also, if they would fit, what tires would be best? Thanks.

·
eeto........?
580 Posts
.tony. .riot. said:
BSA 328
17 X 7
40 offset
215/45/17 tires

hey tony,
i'm running Tenzo R Formula 10, which has the spec exactly like yours.
Now I don't know how much your Gen3 is lowered, but does your front wheel stick out so its pretty much flush with your front fender?
Also, another question is are you rubbing at all? I'm running 215/50/17, don't know if that extra 5 on the sidewall will make things rub once I install my Vogtland.

Thanks man

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Camry
190 Posts
jumping in late but...wanted to know...i want 19's most likely 19x7 but if i have to get 19x8s what offset would i need to have to not rub on a 4gen camry? i had some giovanna barlettas that i borrowed that were 18x8s and i had to use spacers bringing the whel out more so it'll rub on the inside edge of the rear fender when i hit a bump.

81 - 100 of 303 Posts