Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently got a used 2004 Lexus ES330 (185 k miles) and when I got it I noticed the dash light indicator for the rear light was on. So I checked out all the rear lights and a rear side marker and license plate bulbs where bad. So I replaced those. Started up the car and the dash light was off. Cool it's fixed or so I thought. As soon as I stepped on the brake pedal the rear light indicator came back on. I check all the bulbs, they are good. I had a friend stand in back and check as I tested the lights, i.e. turn signal, brake, reverse, etc.. no probs the all work as they should. I can't figure out why the dash light is on for the rear lights. Not a real big deal, since the lights are working but would like to figure out why the indicator is on and fix it if possible.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
Was the high mounted brake light checked?... the one in the center? A lot of folks miss that one.

If that's not it, the module responsible for checking the bulbs might be bad. On most older Toyotas, it's mounted in the trunk on the driver's side, up by the hinge arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts