Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YEAH! This is the closest I've gotten to the Lexus licence plate lights... check it out.. i'll get better pics soon with a better camera.. this is with my iphone...

they appear so much better than the normal 4 led ones i had before... no more blueness :)

oh i got new lights for the interior too.. high powered leds.. looks sick, pics coming up in a week when i get my camera back!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts
I changed mine to leds aswell
interior map light stock to led

rather curious to know how you went about changing this? if you dont mind sharing... step by step instructions and what type of bulb was required. i'm a big fan of white light. can't stand incandescent light.

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
Yeah mine are more of that ricer blue color like in Wonderboy's pics (no offense! that blue attracts the wrong crowd when I'm cruising at night, it's more of an ego booster for people who THINK they are racing me when I'm driving at posted speed)...

btk did you by any chance buy the "Warm White" ones?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i got the coolwhite ones guys.. and the normal wedge style leds will always, ALWAYS have that blue tinge to it.. only way around it is to get the HID white leds from VLEDS, or the ones i got from superbright leds posted above... i'll post pics by sunday of my interior and more of the licence plate ones..

man the iphone camera sucks...

·
yuuup!
293 Posts
I also bought the COOL WHITE ones from superbrightleds...I also have them on my interior lights and the install wasn't that bad at all.

LOL it must just be the reflection of the camera or the way it reflects off the color of the car ???

my bad guys!

·
Registered
153 Posts
i got pulled over last night for having Blue LEDs. the cop told me "Aftermarket Light Products are Illegal". ROFL, what crap. anyways, i just ordered the Cool White bulbs. so watch out guys, cops are cracking down on the smallest shit cuz they need all the money they can get.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
i got pulled over last night for having Blue LEDs. the cop told me "Aftermarket Light Products are Illegal". ROFL, what crap. anyways, i just ordered the Cool White bulbs. so watch out guys, cops are cracking down on the smallest shit cuz they need all the money they can get.
It's not crap.

It's long been established that you can't have blue, red or other color lights on the exterior of your car.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Its not crap. It has to be white. Check your state laws. same with turn signals. It has to be amber or red. No white turn signals.

Having blue lights for your license plate makes it hard for people to see especially for cops. Not to mention, its an eye grabber for cops. It should not be any different like those underbody light kits. Some states made them illegal.

So no, they arent cracking down on the smallest things cuz they need money. You just made yourself an easy target.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts