Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 1st post, so if this has been covered elsewhere, please let me know where...

Was wondering what ( if any) factory Toyota or Lexus wheels or even Infiniti wheels would fit my 2000 Avalon and are 17" or 18"? Right now have the factory 16" wheels with 205/60-16 tires which will soon need to be replaced. Therfore, I will be in the market for new tires. Now would be the time to upgrade to a 17" or perhaps even 18" wheel/tire combo. Do realize the lower the profile of the tire, usually the harsher the ride.

Lots of Lexus's came with 17" wheels, even some with 18" but most, if not all are RWD. Was hoping someone could shed some light on which years/models one should look when looking for replacements on the secondary market, i.e., Ebay or Craigslist. Also, what tire sizes will keep the speedometer accurate? Want to keep the stock look, have correct offset, use no spacers, etc. Amlooking to keep cost of this down by going with used factory wheels in exceelent condition or takeoffs that are for sale from those upgrading to larger aftermarket rims.

Know that offset is important. from checking believe Avalons have a 40 degree positive offset? As wheel width increased to say 17 X 7/7.5 would needed wheel offset increase? or decrease? or stay the same?

Would the correct wheel size to look for in 17" wheels be 17 X 7 215/50/17 &
for a 18 X 7.5 215/45/18, don't want to get too big as to have the tires rubbing, I'm not thinking about lowering the car, so stock ride height would be maintained.

Can anyone confirm? Has anyone been down this road and be willing to share some info on what actually works and fits?

Lastly, will Infiniti/Nissan wheels fit Avalons? I ask because after doing some research online, find the centerbore on the Toyota hub is 60.06mm, but 66.06mm on most Nissans/Infinitis, the bolt patterns are the same, 5 x 114.3. So it appears Nissan can fit Toyota (not sure about necessity/importance of centering rings to make up that 6mm difference, as some of these rings are even made of plastic.) Can anyone knowledgeable comment on possibility of Nissan wheels for an Avalon?, it would open up more options. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
the 17" wheels from 2003~2006 Infiniti G35's will fit.

You would need 215/55/17 tires (same size as G35 stock tires also)

if you are going 18's you probably want 235/45/18 tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Lexus rims on mine with 215/55-17". The rear tire comes VERY close to the bottom of the spring perch. I think they are off of a Lexus ES3-series.

My next size tires will be what Tire Rack reccomends at 215/50-17"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd love to add a picture...but for the life of me I can't figure it out on this forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts