Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an awesome deal on some lexus wheels..they are 18x9 off a 2001 LS430 i think..i'm thinking they might be a little wide but for $120 for all four i'm willing to chance it..anyone have lexus wheels on their truck? anyone have some insight? tried searching already

here is what they look like

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
first, chrome wheels get a lot of corrosion in the beads so i would recommend a sealer before mounting them up.

second, 120 bucks for 4 chrome wheels would raise a red flag to me. having been in wheel and tire business for years i can tell you that you'll know you bought cheap chrome in a year when they start chipping. make sure there is a guarantee on the finish. chrome is a high maintenance finish, gotta keep it clean.

third, make sure you use the proper lugnuts when bolting them up. (newer) toyota wheels are hubcentric and use shank style lugnuts so of the center bore of your truck is too big, you'll have 4 pieces of shiny scrap metal. if there is no conical seat on the wheel, you'll have to use lugs form toyota for the wheel to seat properly otherwise you'll run a high risk of a wheel-off and the ride will be uncomfortable.

hope this helps!

·
Wicked Clown Juggalo
389 Posts
I'm not sure about the offset but current LS models are the only Lexus NOT to use a 5 X 114 bolt pattern (they are 5 X 120). All other lexus wheels from cars have center bore that is too small. If you use a stock Lexus rim smaller than 18" the rim will hit the upper balljoint. It looks like in 2001 they were still 5 X 114 although they did not have 18" rim stock so those would be aftermarket wheels and that looks like a stock catalog shot so the rims you end up with if you even end up with them are a crap shoot. If you run a 18" X 8" stock Lexus rim it will rub the frame when turning. Add all of that to the fact that the alloy wheels are thicker than the stock steels you will need longer wheel studs and Lexus style lugnuts. Don't ask me how I know all of this as I have a stack of 12 Lexus wheels, a set of ARP studs, a stack of wheel spacers, a set of wheel adapters, a set of stock style Lexus lugs, a set of open end Lexus style lugnuts for use with the ARP studs, and the list goes on. No wonder why I'm always broke.

PS: if a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. Either it's a scam, the $120 is the fee to have 1 of your stock wheels chromed on an exchange basis, or you get I beat used rim each for that price.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the rims were in great shape..so good that they sold to someone else in one day..oh well thanks for the info guess the would of been a headache

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
well the rims were in great shape..so good that they sold to someone else in one day..oh well thanks for the info guess the would of been a headache
you're better off. i'd get a set of legitimate wheels from a tire shop or some that come straight from the fitment guide. you'll spend more, but you'll be glad you spent the money on peace of mind and a quality set

·
Registered
89 p'up
849 Posts
watch out for knock offs from mexico/china. there are a TON of knock-off wheels coming from china and mexico that LOOK like caddy, lexus, etc wheels but are complete junk.

warped, terrible balance, terrible material, bad bolt hole circles, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts