Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LF-Who? :D

LMR's ZR1 "Slayer" package......simply badass!!! A stock ZR1 already outperforms the LFA...this one would simply humiliate it....for still far less $$$

:naughty:

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Damn that idle sounds horrible, nontheless nice numbers. How much do these go for? I would go after a Hennessey Viper over this though.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why say it's just an LFA killer when it can kill other cars as well? Ferrari/Lamborghini killer sounds more prestigious than "Lexus"...Everyone knows that it isn't the fastest car in the world. I would say aim for the ugly Bugatti :D

I did that just for Camread. :D

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Why say it's just an LFA killer when it can kill other cars as well? Ferrari/Lamborghini killer sounds more prestigious than "Lexus"...Everyone knows that it isn't the fastest car in the world. I would say aim for the ugly Bugatti :D
Not to start an argument here, but the topic sounds more insecure than anything. If you are looking for the fastest car in a straight line, go buy a Toyota Supra and throw a T-88 single turbo on it and not many cars the road can match it and still be cheaper.

LFA is all about precision, driving exhilaration and track racing. The recent SportAuto supertest proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

- With much inferior temporary Bridgestone S001 tires (compared to the PS2 Michellin tires ZR-1 had)
- Only 1000 KM on the odometer (not broken in)
- Hot and humid 30C temperatures
- With the same driver Horst Von Saurma

LFA ran the same lap around Nurburgring and had much faster cornering speeds than in most corners the ZR-1 and higher lateral g in the corners. The ZR-1 was faster only in the high speed straight sector.

Case in point, you can praise a car without putting down another one.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Sounds like poooooooooo. I'll take a stock one.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are looking for the fastest car in a straight line, go buy a Toyota Supra and through a T-88 single turbo on it and nothing on the road will match it.
O'Rly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LFA is all about precision, driving exhilaration and track racing. The recent SportAuto supertest proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

- With much inferior Bridgestone S001 tires (compared to the PS2 Michellin tires ZR-1 had)

LFA ran the same lap around Nurburgring and had much faster cornering speeds than the ZR-1 and higher lateral g in the corners. The ZR-1 was faster only in the high speed straight sector.
Has the LFA EVER run a 7:26 lap time at Nurburgring? By ANY driver? Until then, it is NOT as fast on the track as the ZR1. ;)

Based on the performance numbers I have posted in the past here, the ZR1 outperforms the LFA in EVERY category...including skidpad (lateral G's).

ANYONE who assumes the ZR1 is a "straight line" car only is ignorant about it's design and capabilities...period.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Has the LFA EVER run a 7:26 lap time at Nurburgring? By ANY driver? Until then, it is NOT as fast on the track as the ZR1. ;)

Sorry. Manufacturer's personal test. LFA does not have an official time yet. Apples to oranges. Please quote an independently testing source that did not have a manufacturer's personal test driver or engineer. Any will do. The fastest ever ZR-1 ran by any independent source not influenced by the manufacturer, was 7:38.

Although, the fastest lap time claimed by the chief engineer is 7:19, the fastest LFA ran with the chief test driver (Hiromu Naruse) was 7:24 and was verified by motoring.jp and HolidayAuto (quoted on wikipedia), but I never quoted that since it is not run under the same test conditions plus a chief engineer knows his own car more than anyone else.

Case in point, even with inferior tires (a huge factor here), LFA's handling was superior to the ZR-1 with the same driver. It just does not get anymore apples to apples than this. End of story.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry. Manufacturer's personal test. LFA does not have an official time yet. Apples to oranges. Please quote an independently testing source that did not have a manufacturer's personal test driver or engineer. Any will do. The fastest ever ZR-1 ran by any independent source, was 7:38.

The fastest LFA ran with the chief test driver (Hiromu Naruse) was 7:24 and was verified by motoring.jp and HolidayAuto (quoted on wikipedia), but I never quoted that since it is not run under the same test conditions.
Are we comparing the car's capabilities or the driver's?

The ZR1 ran a 7:26.

I'd like to see a link showing the LFA running a 7:24 (Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source).

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Gosh.... it sounds just like a late model stock car! :eek: :thumbup:

+1

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Are we comparing the car's capabilities or the driver's?
Considering Horst Von Saurma is a professional racer and has been racing in the Nurburgring 24-hours endurance races for over 15 years, I would say it is a good mix of both. As good as it gets.

Most importantly, the real world litmus test always comes from independent testing by independent sources. Not manufacturers who have a vested interest in making their cars look the best next to the competitors. Still, I have zero doubts whatsoever that indeed the ZR-1 ran a 7:26 with the chief engineer, to be fair since he knows his car like no other.

I had quoted the source of chief engineer of LFA answering the question of press by saying "better than 7:20" a while back. Once officially LFA lap time is revealed in a couple of months, we can talk then.

Again, my point goes back to we can praise a car without putting down another. That is it.

I would say aim for the ugly Bugatti :D
Actually, if you look at their Nurburgring track times, LFA is the faster race track car despite the 440 HP deficit (and ofcourse, the 1000 lbs weight deficit as well).

·
Save The Manuals
1999 Avalon XLS
1,837 Posts
Not to start an argument here, but the topic sounds more insecure than anything. If you are looking for the fastest car in a straight line, go buy a Toyota Supra and throw a T-88 single turbo on it and not many cars the road can match it and still be cheaper.

- With much inferior temporary Bridgestone S001 tires (compared to the PS2 Michellin tires ZR-1 had)

LFA ran the same lap around Nurburgring and had much faster cornering speeds than in most corners the ZR-1 and higher lateral g in the corners. The ZR-1 was faster only in the high speed straight sector.

Case in point, you can praise a car without putting down another one.
I agree 100%.

Sounds like poooooooooo. I'll take a stock one.
The idle does sound pretty crappy, but at WOT that car sounds simply amazing. :naughty:

O'Rly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on the performance numbers I have posted in the past here, the ZR1 outperforms the LFA in EVERY category...including skidpad (lateral G's).

ANYONE who assumes the ZR1 is a "straight line" car only is ignorant about it's design and capabilities...period.
I'm just curious as to why you ALWAYS make a ZR1 vs. LFA arguement. :confused:

You ALWAYS seem to bash the LFA every time it gets mentioned. They're both incredible cars, they're both amazing track performers, and both have their pros and cons. Also the LFA tested still isn't running to its full potential. Just wait til the production model comes out.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, btw.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Considering Horst Von Saurma is a professional racer and has been racing in the Nurburgring 24-hours endurance races for over 15 years, I would say it is a good mix of both. As good as it gets.
He can't be that good if he got beat by 12 seconds by an Engineer. :lol:

Again, my point goes back to we can praise a car without putting down another. That is it.
That works both ways. And how did I put down the LFA? Just because it is outperformed by a $110K Corvette? :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just curious as to why you ALWAYS make a ZR1 vs. LFA arguement. :confused:

You ALWAYS seem to bash the LFA every time it gets mentioned. They're both incredible cars, they're both amazing track performers, and both have their pros and cons. Also the LFA tested still isn't running to its full potential. Just wait til the production model comes out.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, btw.
It is my OPINION that the LFA is an ugly, overpriced car that I have proven is outperformed in every performance category by a car that is less than 1/3 the price.

But I guess when my opinion doesn't match the majority of the other's here, then it is bashing. So be it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Apples to oranges.
Speaking of "Apples to Oranges". Comparing a non-mass produced Supercar that will only have 500 built total...EVER...to a production car that will be built by the thousands..per year... is pretty pathetic too.

At least a person can actually go buy a ZR1.

IMO of course. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Tell me something I did not know.:D

Even after putting an apples to apples comparison where despite its limitations and extremely hot temperatures, LFA handled way better around the race track and executed far faster cornering speeds with the same driver.

What I do know is, I can guarantee you even if LFA and ZR-1 were put on the same track, same day, same environment, head-to-head and the LFA royally kicked the ZR-1's a** around the race track and punished it in the corners (much like it did to the SLS AMG), nothing would be different from today.

Haters are gonna hate.:clap::clap:

Cheers.

It is my OPINION that the LFA is an ugly, overpriced car that I have proven is outperformed in every performance category by a car that is less than 1/3 the price.

But I guess when my opinion doesn't match the majority of the other's here, then it is bashing. So be it.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Ah the good ol' 'FC' at the end.:lol::lol:

There are 5 billion people on this earth and about 3000 - 4000 ZR-1 in the world. No one out of these 5 billion people on earth has ever been able to run quicker than 7:38 other than the person who developed the car himself and who had a vested interest in making it look the fastest for marketing purposes.:lol::lol:

Its like seeing an 11 second car being run by the factory test driver and it never was able to crack past 12.5 seconds in real life by any driver. Such a shame. :lol::lol:

Haters gonna' hate. :clap::clap:

You can make excuses and speculate all you want...THESE are the current facts:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track2.html

;)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ah the good ol' 'FC' at the end.:lol::lol:

There are 5 billion people on this earth and about 3000 - 4000 ZR-1 in the world. No one out of these 5 billion people on earth has ever been able to run quicker than 7:38 other than the person who developed the car himself and had a vested interest in making it look the fastest.:lol::lol:

Its like seeing an 11 second car being run by the factory test driver and it never was able to crack past 12.5 seconds in real life by any driver. Such a shame. :lol::lol:

Haters gonna' hate. :clap::clap:
Jim Mero did. But I guess he doesn't count because he is a droid or something? So, his ability doesn't count because he has a vested interest? You have got to be kdding me here. Why don't we just let 12 year olds drive them and then compare times. :lol:

I love how you discredit a car's proven ability based on the driver. Talk about reaching! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EVERY car's ability is limited by the driver. The only way to find the truest capability of a car is to put the best possible driver in it and see how it does.

I still am sitting here shaking my head at how lame your argument is here. Unbelieveable! :lol:

Are you going to discredit the LFA's official time when they put their best driver in it and run it too?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts