Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all related topics, and none seem to fit my case. I have a 2004 Camry. A few months ago, the LH headlight stopped working. Thought it was the bulb, but wasn't. High beams work, DRLs work, socket good, contacts good. But, when I tap on the headlight cover, the low beam comes on, and stays on. Any idea what's going on here?

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
303 Posts
Ditto. Just hope its a fuse. The wiring is a PITA esp if the problem is under the main relay, where it is a rats nest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My passenger side low beam is out as well. Replaced the bulb twice, and it blew within a couple days both times. I'm wondering if it's a condensation issue though because that headlight especially gets full of it.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Tundra
303 Posts
My passenger side low beam is out as well. Replaced the bulb twice, and it blew within a couple days both times. I'm wondering if it's a condensation issue though because that headlight especially gets full of it.
How did you install them? Remember, you need to wear gloves to install them (to make sure you dont touch the bulb with your bare hands) because any oil on the bulbs will create a hot spot on the bulb and cause it to to blow out.

Also, you could take out the housing, submerge it in water/alcohol mixture to see where it has a hole in it. Then you have to bake it in the oven to remove the water. It takes forever and is somewhat a PITA.

or you can just drill a small whole on the bottom of the housing to create a release area. Read up on this before you do it thou.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.