Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know what other guys with the new allpro plate bumper are doing for a license plate, or if it even applies to anyone else but, here in oregon you're required to have two license plates. i figured i'd obey the law for once..
i didn't want to screw with the nice lines of the bumper so i mounted it down low, on the top side of the skid plate. i think it looks great because you can't see it unless you're like ten feet away from it, looks a lot cleaner that way i think.
here it is, standing in front of the truck:

and standing back a ways:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great Idea... I'm a leo in NC where we're not required to have front plates so I'm not sure what they'll say where you're located... But you might still get some trouble from the police with the angle that it's mounted at... It makes it hard to read may possibly still be violating the law.... Not trying to be negative just a heads up.

Great looking truck! :clap:

·
Premium Member
07 DC TRD OR 4x4
1,000 Posts
I like it:thumbup:

I thought that in Oregon if the front of your vehicle does not have a license plate mount that is was ok not to have it?
Nope, always gotta have one.

I like it 6shooter, I thought about that as well. I was worried about still getting harrassed though, because of the limited visiblity. I just pinched mine inbetween the bumper and fairled. Nothing holding it down but the pressure between the two. After I impacted the bolts down, the license doesn't move at all. It solid as a rock. Here's the pic.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I like it down there. And at least you showed good will, so even if a police officer is not 100% happy, there is a good chance that he'll just tell you and / or give you a warning. Good idea! :thumbup:

BTW, truck looks awesome, and so does Tacosalad's (except that license plate in the middle of the bumper, of course :D :lol:)

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma
674 Posts
5 Replies? Aw hell no...
I know a lot of you out there are getting or want this bumper.
Not gonna let "6" go down with only 5 Replies?:disappoin

Thoes of you planing on getting this bumper, what was your plan to mount the front plate?
I was going to go with out it cause I haven't been pulled over yet without it. 8,000mi in oregon the rest out of state.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts