Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that a person's driving habits will have the most influence over this, but I was wondering for those who have sent their tires to the morgue, how many miles did they last?

Stock, Pre-Runner, Dunlop

·
Registered
08' Tacoma Acess Cab
12 Posts
First OEM set (Bridgestone Duller HT) lasted around 9000 miles w/ 3/32 of tread left all around and even wear:thumbsdow
My second set (Yokoahama Geolandar AT/-S) lookin good at 15000 (tread depth unknown at this time)

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,713 Posts
OEM BFG Rugged Terrains (P.O.S) 16-18K, Wrangler RT/S almost 50K. Just bought a second set, wouldn't you know now they are going to quit making them! They're recommending Wrangler GS/A's as a replacement. I had one set of those on a Grand Cherokee, not a big fan.

·
Slightly Sane
06 TRD Sport Ex. Cab
580 Posts
My stock Dunlops were done by 30,000 miles. I should have ditched them sooner..they were great on dry pavement but were HORRIBLE in pretty much every other situation.

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
The OEM Dunslops made it 7000 miles on my truck. Plenty of tread left, they're just possibly the worst tires ever.

The Firestone Destination A/T's on there now have about 20,000 miles on them with a lot of tread left, they look almost new actually.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Stock sport tires, 43k at 3+ yrs, starting to fade. I drive about 12 miles of mountain roads every time I go to work (50 mi RT). This is not my daily driver

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite a variance as expected. I am at 30,000 on the OEM Dunlops and they seem to be in decent shape. I drive rather conservatively and 100% of the time on pavement. At the current rate, I figure I'm looking at 40-50 K before replacement.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
My BFG AT's are at 40k+ miles. Upgrading to KM2's when I get some more money.

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,161 Posts
Hey, now this is a good topic/thread. Kudos to the OP.

Original Dunlops: 13K miles (no tread left and got stuck in the snow which is when I was shocked that there was no tread left!!!)

BFG Rugged Trails: 30K miles before outer edges were worn flat (no sipes or grooves leaving them useless in the snow). Center tread still had decent depth.

BFG All Terrains: 25K miles and still going. At 20K miles, they were 1/4 worn! Should get between 60K and 80K miles from them.

UPDATE 1/29/2010: Now have just over 40K miles on the BFG AT KO's. They have 3/16ths remaining. That'll likely give me another 20K miles out of them.

·
let's kick this pig.
2006 Taco
381 Posts
got about 20k out of the Rugged Trails before popping 2 of 'em, I'm at about 30k on the Toyo M/T's with lots of tread left and even wear.

·
My Other Truck
4,312 Posts
Tossed out the OEM BFG RTs at 30K miles with 4/32" left, evenly worn, but not willing to start last winter with them.

Replaced them with Cooper ATRs, haven't seen much snow but they have done well so far with only a few thousand miles on 'em.

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
Just found a nail in my tire this afternoon. :headbang:

Thats what those vibrations were.

·
TexasJiminSTX
2005 Tacoma 2WD
218 Posts
My '05 5-lugger came with Firestone 215/70 tires that were absolute crap! They were totally used up at 17000 miles. I replaced them with some 235/70 Uniroyals on 8" wide Mustang alloy rims. The ride and handling are much improved. They have 8000 miles on them and they look brand new.

My OEM's were junk. Granted, the pavement here eats tires like M&M's, but the new ones seem to be doing well. I get above 40 MPH maybe once a month, so speed & heat shouldn't be a problem.

Texas Jim in St. Croix
We're like Verizon-------More Bars in More Places!

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't believe some of you guys who only got 10-15K out of your OEM tires.
Burning out much?
I rotate every 5mos and they look new @ 30K

I think I will go with some BF Goodrich when mine are dead. I think you can get those @ Costco for a pretty decent price.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts