Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 DC SR5
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum constantly in doing the research in what type of lift I want. I know I want 3" with the 285/70/17s BFG AT KOs. Finally get to the question on hand, what is the life span of the Bilsteins/Revtek/Fox/Icon etc?

I am not a hardcore offroader (not yet, working the wife to let me take it out more) so a lot of daily driver is what i will be doing in the beginning.

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
A lift will last you forever if properly maintained. The biggest thing about a lift is the shocks. If you abuse the shocks or do not get the right set for your lift they will no perform well or last as long!

·
Registered
2005 DC SR5
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright good to know. Now am leaning towards the IVD package (from wheelers) that includes the camburg UCAs for 1600. Expensive, but I don't want anything to crap out on me...plus i feel more comfortable with new UCAs to handle the 3" lift and not kill the CV joints.

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
alright good to know. Now am leaning towards the IVD package (from wheelers) that includes the camburg UCAs for 1600. Expensive, but I don't want anything to crap out on me...plus i feel more comfortable with new UCAs to handle the 3" lift and not kill the CV joints.

Good man springing for the UCAs. Also, be careful on what struts you get. Some of them require a rebuild after 1200 miles. (For example, Fox does if I remember correctly.) And take your wife along with you next time you go out, If she starts screaming let her sit in the bed. :lol:

·
Completely Numb
TRD Sport
824 Posts
Seriously 1200 miles!? Why so short of a time period?
Sorry for the confusion, it's not EVERY 1200 miles, just after the initial 1200. This could be attributed to them "breaking in" since they are long-travel shocks.

·
Registered
2005 DC SR5
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well just ran it past the wife and yeah not happening...so maybe if i go with some cheaper UCAs? I would still like to try and keep the Icon Coilovers, even though everyone has the Bilsteins i would like the 3" of lift. Without spacers. Maybe just some total chaos UCAs, that will drop the total by a couple hundred.

I don't think 285s will fit stock wheel will it? Think i read it will but you have to have some amount of backspacing. If i remember correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.