Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on lifting a 2004 tundra, its not 4x4 with no trd suspension, but i want to lift it 6' and go with 35' tires, does anyone know of any good deals or suggest any specific lift kits? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,
That is a pretty big lift man. I don't know if I would go that high but then again if you have the $$$ to do it go for it. A few other things you might consider are you will have to get new shocks, longer brake lines and probably play with your steering linkage in some way to make it work when you are done lifting it. If you got the $$$ go for it though. I would buy the kit on ebay but it is honestly hard to find a kit that is that high, you'll probably only find 3" kits or around there. Good luck man-Sampson

·
Registered
5 Posts
My experience with Daystar kit

:ugh3: I put on a Daystar 2.5" front lift, and 1.5" add a leaf in the rear. To be honest, I'm not too happy with it. I go through front CV boots pretty fast, and I've got a pretty good "Clunck" sound when I hit a bump too fast, or even slow for that matter. I live 3 miles up a dirt road, and carry a load of tools regularly. I just had the recall ball joints replaced, and the "Cluncking" got a little bit better, but not much. Anyone else had problems with these kits? I'm thinking of finding something better. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have a 2002 4x4 TRD tundra access cab with a shell and lumber racks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had about a 3 inch lift on my 2001 f 150 and loved it for about 1 1/2 years. Then I could tell my ride really detiorated. Cv boots were shot and Every bump that was a little bigger I really had to slow down for because my truck kinda "bounced" over bumps, it lost its ability to take the bump and make the ride smooth. It was fun in the snow though..........

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can either wait for the RCD 6" lift that is coming out next year around feb/march or get the TC 4.5" with a 3" body lift or 2.5" daystar spacer lift, check out cardomain.com and theres a couple of tundras running 35s on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts