Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05' Sequoia 4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To start off yes I did search, but didn't find anything about the sequoia having this issue. (Could be stupid and missed something, if so sorry.)

I just picked up a 2005 Sequoia a couple of weeks ago and am taking care of some of the normal things that need to be done. When I bought it the glass and latch was not working properly so I ordered in a new OEM actuator and latch along with an all metal handle. I was able to get the glass working, and the whole latch assembly replaced with no issue and everything works perfectly with the exception of the lock.

I can lock and unlock the hatch with the lock/unlock button on the drivers door with no problem, however when I try to use the key fob I get a long beep and it will not lock. I immediately thought of a sensor issue but couldn't find anything. Is there is a sensor in the control module mounted on the door plate covering the inside of the lift gate? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
05' Sequoia 4WD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I dropped it off at my mechanic to have the timing belt done. I asked him to take a look at it but if he can’t make any progress with it I will try to find a wiring diagram of it and do some testing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts