Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
4.OH $#!+
05 Tacoma Prerunner
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey there wanted to start this tread because my friend and i were debating on if it matters that you lift the back when you lift the front, or can you lift the front and keep the back stock.. any thoughts??????????:confused: anybody done this and had problems or not??? just want some info to show him...

·
None required
48 Posts
Depends on how high ou want to go. Measure the gap between your tire and whee well in the front then the rear. Mine is about 2in difference so I wouldn't lift the front more than 2 unless you want the back to look like it is saging. The cheaper 3in lifts just give you a 3 in spacer for the front and either a 1 in block for the rear or add-a-leaf for the rear that lifts if roughly 1in. You can find 2in front leveling fits on eBay for under $100.

·
mall crawler
1,527 Posts
its not BAD to have the rear lower than the front. some people just prefer that look. with my lift i could have opted to not lift the back but i wanted some more load capacity and i didnt want the rear sagging. now the rear is higher than the front. i have to adjust my coilovers in the front up about a .5 inch to even it out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I lifted only the front end of my truck.. didn't put in the AAL's, personally, i love the look of it and it doesnt affect anything at all.. i've towed with it, hauled a bunch o' stuff in the bed.. it rides great

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used the toytec/OME kit, 885 coils and a small spacer, gave me 3" up from, nuttin' in the back. My brothers old roommate has her taco lifted the same as mine, i havent put my wheels/tires on yet becuase the wheels are on backorder, but i'm getting 285/65/18 BFG all terrains on 18 x 9 wheels. meghan, my bro's rommie has 33's on 16 x 8 AR victors and she has no rubbing, but did have to trim a bit. so i don't expect to have any rubbing, but trimming will be a must.

·
Registered
2006 tacoma
75 Posts
every truck i have owned i always just lifted the front. it personally looks the best and haven't had any problems with just lifting the front.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i'll find out in two weeks when my wheels come in and then i can get my tires on there... i'll post some pics of the trimming for you too:D

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
yea some people like the back lower then the front, some think it makes it look like it's going fast staying still, LOL, i just wonder hows it's gonna handle with the weight shifted off the steering wheels.

To keep on subject i was planning on leveling my truck, thinking about maybe OME 884s or 885s and for the back just put on either supersprings or hellwigs, which suppositely lift he rear about and 1" - 3/4". I think that would give a pretty level look, and will help fight rear sag as well. BUT i have seen the ebay 2" spacers and am tempted by the price, 2" up front plus helper springs out back would be pretty good. To to be clear i don't offroad, other then some f'ed dirt roads on an occasional trip to Santa Cruz, i'm just looking to level the truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts