Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanna know anyone lifted their truck? i want to but got a ?, is the drive shaft affected by this? i want to put a 4" susp. lift and 3" body lift would i come into any steering problems or any problems ?

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
no problem with the drive shaft, but u will have to have a steering rod extension, so you will also have to extend your brake lines

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you get a Performance Accessories body lift, it comes with the steering extension.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reply guys, ....jcfb vbmenu_register("postmenu_1026885", true); what size tires are you running? i went to www.jackit.com and they got a 4" susp lift and running 33", i was thinking 4" susp and 3" body lift i could run 33 but it looks like you can run alot bigger, im lifting because im gonna go in the bushes in the spring and summer and gotta have clearance, im also not changing my front and rear gears because i want the low RPM on the HYs, but i know power is going to be low down with bigger tires so i decided im going to do a 1UZFE swap

·
One with the farce
3,976 Posts
gotta have clearance
Just something to consider; are you doing a body lift because you need tire clearance or to be taller?

If you need more clearance, you would be better off cutting the fenders an putting on some bushwacker flares, or even aftermarket fenders. That way you don't have to lengthen the shifters and hoses or anything. Also, you won't have the goofy gap between the frame and body.

The center of gravity will be affected when you put a body lft on, too.

A few things to think about, there are 100's of trucks around where I live, and I'm just suggesting what seems to work best. Right now I'm building a '90 4X4 ext. cab, with a solid front axle swapped in. With no body lift on 33's (for now), it's about 8" taller than stock.

Have fun with your truck:thumbup: :clap:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im lifting the truck for bottom clearance that way when im in the woods i wont hit anything to get damage, i seen that ugly gap between the wheel and frame b4 but ill fit some sheet metal in there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.