Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Highlander Hybrid
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed a lift kit on their Highlander? I’m not referring to stiffer springs, I’m talking about a kit that goes in between the shock mount and the strut as shown below. I’m thinking of doing a 1.5 lift but want to see if anyone ran into problems at all. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's someone in modded 2nd gen highlanders fb group who is running a Tema 4x4 lift off ebay with no issues

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anderson Design Fab has made a prototype for this guy on Instagram (@hybridoffroad), waiting to see if it pans out and what the cost will be

·
Registered
2018 Highlander Hybrid
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol! Get on with the install, man. I'm still leaning towards Kings myself btw, even though these should be easier install.
two people in my family have the virus so they are coming first. I plan on doing king sprins with this kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i would love a modest all-around 1" - 1.5" lift kit for my highlander (2013).
i noticed that for 2014 and up the lift kits have a .5" difference between the front
and rear. would that also apply for the 2nd gen highlander ??

this kit from Anderson Design Fab looks pretty good .
can someone post a before and after pic of the highlander being lifted ??

·
Registered
2018 Highlander Hybrid
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i noticed that for 2014 and up the lift kits have a .5" difference between the front

I sure will but you’ll see it quicker on my IG @hybridoffroad. I post there faster than here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Highlander Hybrid
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The kit is 1.5 all around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I own 3 Toyotas. I have a 4runner, a Camry, and a Highlander. Good for you guys wanting to modify your vehicle, but the highlander is basically a great big Camry. It drives like a car because it's on a car frame. My 4 runner on the other hand, is on a truck frame. Very different ball of wax. I think lifting the highlander would be like putting a lift kit on the Camry - which almost sounds cool in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put a two inch lift kit on my 2009 Suzuki SX4 Hatchback and then also triple oversize all terrain tires (the biggest that could fit into the wheel wells without modifying the car at all other than the lift kit). The result made a surprisingly nice serious winter car and light duty off road vehicle. Like the Highlander it is built on an automotive chassis. I expect our Gen 2 Highlanders with a modest lift kit and all terrain tires would end up about the same - a spectacular winter car for normal driving and an adequate off road vehicle for modest excursions. However, our cars totally stock are already pretty well set up - the ground clearance is fairly reasonable already (unlike my SX4 which had stupidly low ground clearance for an AWD vehicle) and just a set of slightly oversize agressive tires would make it capable of modest off road stuff. If lifting the car lifts your spirits you should certainly do it but I personally don't see the need. That's what makes life nice, we can each do the thing we want to our car. Let us know how it works out and send some pictures of the finished product, please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have anyone use Northwoods Performance 2" lift Toyota Highlander 2007?

If not, I'm about to install and will let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone installed a lift kit on their Highlander? I’m not referring to stiffer springs, I’m talking about a kit that goes in between the shock mount and the strut as shown below. I’m thinking of doing a 1.5 lift but want to see if anyone ran into problems at all. Thanks all.

I got one kit from mother Russian, but my CA mechanic refused to install it. "will be unsafe"

·
Registered
2018 Highlander Hybrid
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

2” rear lift. 5” stock and 7” after the kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts