Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, im wanting a Trailmaster 6 '' suspension lift kit okay what do i need to consider other then the Tires and lift like n e thing neede to do the axles or n e thing ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
You will need brake lines, possibly a modified steering linkage depending on what year and model you have as well as a differnet front driveshaft if it is four wheel drive, and longer shocks as yours will be too short. Hope that helps and good luck

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kool, thanks um now... okay im getting around a 2000 Toyota Tacoma Sr5 now im wanting a good lift not a crappy one i want a Suspension lift kit? LIke the Leaf Springs lift u up ? or am i just stupid?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,
YOur right on you do need a suspension lift but I am pretty sure that your front lift will come in the form of coil overs like in this ebay auction-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7914573034&category=33585

Although I am not sure on the rears as I have not played around with many 2000 models. They could be either way. But as you said you do not want a body lift. I really do not like body lift kits. Just my personal opinion but in case you were wondering. Hope it works out for you man.. keep me posted.-Sampson

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sampson i will keep ya posted im currently looken at my sound system right now im thinking Panasonic CQ-VD7500U its a Indash LCD screen 7'' its http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Panasonic~t~In-Dash+LCD+Monitors thats the website < um also looken into 2 10'' subs with a clear box so i can see um in action in my ext cab with a blue LED in there to make it all look just GREAT :lol:

can n e one help me out with finding a 6'' suspension lift for me ? im not sure on exactly what im looking for... i have looked and havent found what im looking for its all body lifts :thumbdown:

i want a SUSPENSION :thumbup:

Welp thanks... Jeremy... o my aim is Magicalmidgets89 if ur wanting to talk directly

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come on ppl i need to know dont just look at this

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put a 3'' lit on a 01 Tacoma, and some of the problems that I incured were a bad vibration in the rearend. It turned out to be a carrier barring, but I put shimms on it before I found out it was the carrier barring. With a 6'' lift I would besure to get some shimms.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kool thanks... im wanting a 6'' suspension lift im thinking that if i get like a 3'' is adding-a-leaf any good u think i could do that to get it up to 6?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 3" was with blocks and coil spacers. I would sugest that you us a brand like tuff country and go strieght into a 6''. You can get them off of ebay.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright kool thanks deano i appreciate it i will look on ebay for a Tacoma 6'' Suspension lift???

·
Registered
11 Posts
DUDE....dont listen to any of those jokers. They obviously had no idea what they were talking about. You say 6" lift right. For a Tacoma...Im not sure about the year but Fabtech makes a pretty stout lift kit for Tacoma's...Im not into IFS, I chopped mine. But i do have a buddy that has a 03 tacoma with the Fabtech 6" and it is pretty decent of a lift..He runs 35" All terrains.I dont think drivelines are a problem i mean its IFS the pumpkin dosent go up and down like a solid axle. It is bolted to brackets that are bolted to the frame so its dont move. :thumbup: If Fabtech is like 02 to current. I dont know what to tell you. I dont recomend ProCrap or TrailDisaster. I worked and still work in 4 wheel drive shops and am a wheeler myself. I have heard and seen some pretty insane stuff. I never knew metal could bend in so many ways. I could only recomend at that point go to a site i think these people have it http://www.allprooffroad.com or http://www.marlincrawler.com one of those to i think make long travel IFS. it is pretty stout stuff so thats my .02. Do what you like.

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
what size tires you looking to fit? if at all possible, i would try to keep the lift size down as to not raise your center of gravity. if your going for 35's i'd just get a 4" suspension, and get a 2 inch body lift from roger brown, http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml#FAQ10

body lifts aren't a bad idea, especially the way ifs is designed. Many IFS lifts require less backspacing on the wheels to clear the dropped A-arms, this in turn pushes the wheels/tires out farther from the body, making tire/body contact more of an issue. so if you get a 4 inch suspension, then a 2 inch body lift, rubbing won't be a issue, i just wouldnt get a body lift if you planned on jumping your truck, and if you planned on jumping it, theres other things i would strengthn before i do that. or, get a 4 inch suspension, and then get some bushwackers and trim the fenders and put the bushwackers on. theres many ways to accomplish what you want, the main thing is to keep the weight low to the ground to avoid roll overs. big lifts are cool to look at if you want to make a mall-crawler :disappoin but a good lift setup for a functional truck is better and safer. also, your gonna have to regear your axles for the new tires, probably another 1000 bucks or else your gonna lose rpm and power.
also, lifting your truck that high, your gonna have issues with your cv angles.
you can get a differential drop kit here: ( www.cornfedsuspension.com)

there are many different options you can take, and alot can be cheaper than a 6" fabtech. try going to customtacos.com great website for what your looking for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what im thinking of doing with my truck is some DEEP mudding ( im plannin on going out on some land my folks got and gonna start it up there its full of dirt and when it gets muddy it is muddy :) ) n e ways 6'' is what i want im wanting 6'' suspension nothing more when i get set on something i get set on it i dont just plan on getting the lift thats it i plan on getting me alot of ENGINE performance after i get all the standard stuff i want like the headunit tires lift kit and system i might go with lift kit & tires first then go to head unit then system prolly more logical lol (chicks dig big trucks)

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
what size tire you going for?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
33x14.50 clost to what u got

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
all u need its a 4 inch lift. 4 inch with a 1 inch body lift, or 4 and some trimming will be more than enough. with 14.50's your gonna need to get new rims with proper backspacing too. im planning on moving up to 35's here soon, just getting ready to order some new gears and a rear locker, and i'm either gonna trim or body lift. a 1 inch body lift will not cause any damage, and rodger brown body lifts are amazing and he's really good to work with.
the problem with ifs and lifts is you get to big and it can cause damage to the cv's and that can be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay 4'' sounds good i mean it will be my first truck!!! i will be a newbie to the whole lift kits thing soooo...... okay can u tell me everything i will need along with the 4'' suspension lift & 33x14.50 with 15 x 10 rims what else will i need like n ething else ?!

·
Sleeping While Awake
94 Posts
well, depends on what lift system you get, some come with shocks others dont, some come with blocks in the rear, some come with aal (add a leaf). for the most part, your lift should come with what you need. also, some lifts will require welding and some cutting. do you plan on doing this yourself or having it done for you? its basically gonna come down to choosing your lift, getting the tires and rims with proper backspacing (btw, i'd go with 12.50's instead of 14.50's, 14's might cause rubbing on the inside) and possibly regearing the axles, 4.88's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what u got? im prolly gonna get someone to do it for me ( im 15) i mean see i saw all these trucks with lifts and im like WOW i want one and so then i look on line for lifts cant find what i want and THEN I FIND OUT THAT there is alot more then just LIFTING UR TRUCK!!! I WAS LIKE gosh! more money ( im like the cheapest person on earth)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts