Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
07 DCTacomaTRD Sport
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Did a search and didn't really find a concrete answer everyone says something different

Looking to lift a couple inches mainly for looks. Haven't done the rear TSB yet. Which is the best option to go with. Everyone says to avoid the rear blocks but it seems like alot of people have done it

Thanks

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
your going to to get alot of input here on what is the best but there are some things you should ask yourself first.

1. Are you EVER going to wheel it?

2. How much do you have to spend?

3. what kind of truck do you have? (reg AC, DCSB , DCLB)

4. How much lift do you want?

5. Tire Size?

An AAL is better than a block IMHO but it will make the ride a little stiffer.

·
Registered
07 DCTacomaTRD Sport
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheeled a couple times with my ZR2 blazer wasn't really for me would do some minor stuff but no hardcore (almost flipped the blazer). I have a dbl cab long box TRD Sport. Haven't really set a budget yet. Won't be able to justify new tires just yet (picked up some BFG AT KO when I got the truck in 07). Thinking around 2-3"s of lift should be good

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
5100's all the way. I'm looking to replace my front blocks already, the ride is too stiff for me really. It doesn't do bad on the highways though. Pricewise, it would all be about the same, assuming you would do your own labor.

Honestly, when my lift got installed with the stock tires on it, you couldn't even tell it was lifted IMO. The tires are really what make it look taller.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
5100s and TSB AAL sound like they would be a good fit.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?op...0&Itemid=53&orderby=product_list&limitstart=0

look through here
+1 5100's and an ALL from Toytec or Wheelers Offroad (the way I went). Both great people to deal with!

5100's all the way. I'm looking to replace my front blocks already, the ride is too stiff for me really. It doesn't do bad on the highways though. Pricewise, it would all be about the same, assuming you would do your own labor.

Honestly, when my lift got installed with the stock tires on it, you couldn't even tell it was lifted IMO. The tires are really what make it look taller.
2nd that for no blocks. And the tires are key to the look and ride quality.

·
Registered
07 DCTacomaTRD Sport
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so if I go with the 5100's set at 2.5 put 5100's at the back and get the TSB done can I use my stock coils or should I go with something bigger like the 885's? From what I've seen will I have to add more to the back? Seems like most people are doing the minimum setting with the 5100s and the TSB

Thanks guys

Gonna get this done eventually

·
Registered
42 Posts
With the 5100's you will only want to use your stock coils if the spring perch on the 5100's is set at 2.5". You can use OME springs with the 5100's set at the lowest setting. It's recommended using the OME shocks with the OME springs as they are valved properly for the spring rate of the OME springs...ie. some guys find using OME springs with the 5100's a little stiff. Using a longer spring (885's) with the 5100's set at 2.5 will give you a rock hard ride as well as no down travel if the ball joints and CV's don't explode first...haha!

If you do a search for pictures you'll see that the 5100's set at 2.5" give a nice lifted stance as well as giving you a decent ride while not putting too much stress on other components. And if you do ever decide to do a bit of wheeling you won't be disappointed. Do the 5100's! The extra few dollars over the cost of spacers will prove themselves well spent.

For the back check out the TSB AAL from Toytec and it will bring the back up so your nose isn't in the air. It will stiffen the back end a bit but then at least if you haul or tow something you won't sag so bad in the back as you may with blocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts