Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 tacoma
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was considering using a 3"lift and keeping the stock 17" TRD Sport wheels with larger 265 or 275 tires. Curious to see how this looks. Sold old truck and picked up a used 06 TRD Sport Dcab.

Previously I had 05 Acesss Cab with a 3" lift with 16" rims and 265 tires. To me it looked well balanced. Not sure about the 17".

Thanks,

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here are a couple photos I still have from before I put new wheels on. The first is just a 3'' lift with aal in the back. The second photo I have spindles installed so I'm running about 5 to 6 inches of lift that's why the front is a little higher than the rear where it still only has the aal.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 1BlkT---looks good!!!

First photo is probably where I'll end up with a 3"lift using Toytec front spacers and rear AAL.

·
Taco Salad!!
2007 Tacoma DC LB
552 Posts
My truck with 265/70/17 on stock sport rims with about 2.5" lift:

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Sorry my picture sucks, didn't realize the cell phone cam was out of focus... haha

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
265/70/17 Firestone destination AT's on stock stock sports probably 2.5 inches of lift.

Sorry, old pics.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again!!!

All these trucks look sweet. Seems 2.5" to 3" with 275 tires is a good fit and well balanced. No disrespect, but the 285,295's look a little to big plus add much more stress to components.

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
A lot of these pics are great. But it's kinds hard to see the sidewall printing to tell me what size and type tire some of you guys are running.

Please post your tire specs.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
All these trucks look sweet. Seems 2.5" to 3" with 275 tires is a good fit and well balanced. No disrespect, but the 285,295's look a little to big plus add much more stress to components.
The pictures don't do a good job then. Wouldn't really worry about the extra stress of the tires, most people running 285's have replaced about 70% of the suspension in a lift. (coils, shocks, leaves, spindles etc)

A lot of these pics are great. But it's kinds hard to see the sidewall printing to tell me what size and type tire some of you guys are running.

Please post your tire specs.

285/70/17
You will need spacers to run my tires with stock wheels. They won't even go on the hub until you do.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia SR5
88 Posts
285 Km2

This is mine with 2.5" lift, 285/70 BFG KM2's with Spidertrax spacers in front wheels, had to trim a little, but they fit very good.

As you can see on this picture, the tire doesn't stick out of the fender a lot, even with the spacer.

·
Registered
729 Posts
3" lift,285/70/17

·
Registered
63 Posts
2.5" OME 885/Dakars (minus the 3rd leaf) with 265/70/17 BFG AT KOs on OE 17" TRD Sports ... perfect match.

From rear (and these are with over 350lbs of gear in the bed)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts