Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jeep guy DD'ing a taco...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got them installed yesterday, aligned today. Numbers are perfect, put it back to stock alignment, drives great. Installation was fairly easy, I just followed the provided instructions about setting up the ball joint and toku's write up for some extra tips. It would have been much easier with some help. The guys at the alignment shop were cussing at it because they had to adjust the uppers first then reset the lowers. :lol: Anyways, I'm super pleased with them. Much easier on the pocketbook than the TC's also.
Sorry, no pics at the moment, but there's not much to see...
:thumbsup: to Light Racing!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just thought I would let you know, those ball joint nuts are upside down. That protruding area on top fits inside the washer. Should be ok the way it is but eventually I would flip them. They came out good, and should last forever. I've got a set and couldn't be happier.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just thought I would let you know, those ball joint nuts are upside down. That protruding area on top fits inside the washer. Should be ok the way it is but eventually I would flip them. They came out good, and should last forever. I've got a set and couldn't be happier.
:headbang:
I've had to adjust and turn around and crap already because of stupid mistakes. It'll only get changed if it comes loose. Thanks for the heads up though, the instructions with these things were rather vague.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Another thing, retorque those ball joint nuts and I would even over torque them a bit. I went off roading and the passenger side slide and messed up my whole alignment. I tightened mine up to 140 ft lbs. After I had it realigned.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another thing, retorque those ball joint nuts and I would even over torque them a bit. I went off roading and the passenger side slide and messed up my whole alignment. I tightened mine up to 140 ft lbs. After I had it realigned.
Good idea, even though I don't wheel it. I think I torqued them to 120ft/lbs. That was the only thing that I didn't like on these things, but the super-adjustability of them makes up for it.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man. They are Enkei 18's. I bought them from another Taco owner, not sure where he got them, but I'm pretty sure they were a Gulf Coast dealer option or something of that nature...the Taco's got the 18's and Tundras got some just like these but 20". I got them for $500 which I thought was a steal; he started out at $800. :D
...Somebody else might know more about them and are welcome to chime in.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts