Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jeep guy DD'ing a taco...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comments Please? Did they fix alignment the same as TC's?
I know that they once had an issue of limited travel with the ball joint and some bushing problems, but Toku says that it's been resolved.
Anyone have them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have them, work great so far, no issues. Just make sure you take it to a competent alignment shop that can figure out how they are adjustable. Went to Toyota and another place and even after explaining in detail and showing them the install sheet, they still didn't know what they were doing. Just leave the Ball-joint in the stock 0* Caster setting and most likely you'll be OK, I had installed mine in the +2* :headbang: and believe that's why I had so many issues with the alignment shops. I can PM the details if you want.

FYI: When you get the truck back from aligning, Check the tightness of every single adjustment bolt/nut. The 3rd place I went aligned it perfectly, but after a couple weeks of strange creaks, moans and un-explainable noises, I checked the lower cam bolts and they were all really lose still. Torqued them up to 120 ft lbs. which is more then what the specs say and all the noises vanished, Thank God!!
I was really thinking something was wrong with the Light Racing arms and I was out $450.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a set and they work great!! Like iDRiVaTrd said make sure you take it to a shop that knows about lifts and aftermarket control arms. The shop I took mine to was very impressed with how much they helped the alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts