Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of buying a set of Rays Gram Lights 57Pro in 'greyish silver'. See a pic of it: http://rayswheels.co.jp/emenu/datas/GRAM/01_57PRO/01.JPG

But do these light rims actually make a noticable difference to performance, or only noticable with lap times from a race driver on a circuit?

Also, do you guys think it'll suit my gen3?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have those similar rims (grayish silver) on my silver 05 camry SE.....it goes NICE with my car......i am not too sure about increasing the preformance of the car.

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tzn2004 said:
i am not sure how to load the pic to this website.
You cant, you need to join up a website which will host it for you... like cardomain.com

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
It does make a difference but you probably won't notice it by just driving the car around.

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
tzn2004 said:
here is a picture of my car with the grayisn silver rims.
http://members.cardomain.com/tzn2004

i was woundering how some people were able to post their car pictures directly on this web sit.....i am unable to do this!!
Adding Images

To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here:

"
"

just dont add the " around the imgs....or click the IMG button in the reply to topic page, and insert your url

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Right click the picture itself then copy and paste the 'location' into the message and type [*img]yourimagehere[/*img] without the astericks.

:)

by the way, nice looking cam. :)

edit: damn, beaten to it. :hammer:

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Ofcourse, your car has to work less to rotate those heavy stock wheels to get the car moving, making your car take off quicker.

--->--->weight reduction<---
This car shed 0.3 seconds in its quarter mile, and its 0-60 was half a second quicker. This is a huge difference, specially in a race.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
for every pound you lose on a rim, its like like 8 pounds on the car itself due to the fact that the rim is rotating (something to do with rotational mass)

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
You can feel a difference with lighter wheels. The acceleration is better. I got a set of 13lbs rims down from 19lbs with my last set of wheels. Forged rims are the way to go.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Its called the moment of inertia(I = 1/2mr^2), or the tendency of an object to want to move or not. The more mass (weight) an object has, the more it takes for it to start moving, and vice versa.

So yea you should get better acceleration and braking with lighter rims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts