Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought a 08 Camry SE. I found the head light will stay on even I take the key out if I don't open the door (knob position at auto, at night time). I am not sure if it is normal or not. If I open the door and close it, then the head light will shut off within 20 second as manual says.

I know the 20 second light delay is for safety purpose in dark area. Will this function shorten the life span of the battery?

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
I just brought a 08 Camry SE. I found the head light will stay on even I take the key out if I don't open the door (knob position at auto, at night time). I am not sure if it is normal or not. If I open the door and close it, then the head light will shut off within 20 second as manual says.

I know the 20 second light delay is for safety purpose in dark area. Will this function shorten the life span of the battery?

See if the light goes off after waiting for a while. That is normal and supposed to be like that. It will not hurt your battery.

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
perfectly normal...they go out automatically or when you hit the LOCK button on your remote twice they will go out

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question about the fog light. During the day time, the fog light is not lighting up even I turn the head light on. But it works fine during the night time. I know it is the light sensor again. Is it normal?

·
Registered
07 camry v6 se
20 Posts
Another question about the fog light. During the day time, the fog light is not lighting up even I turn the head light on. But it works fine during the night time. I know it is the light sensor again. Is it normal?
well i ahave a 07 v6 se and during the day if i turn my headlights on and the fog light they both stay on i'm not too sure if there is some type of sensor

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
now that we're off topic!

njerald, I noticed in your sig you have an I4. How did you do a dual fitment, esp w/ the bumper? Hows the sound? How is it overall? :)

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
now that we're off topic!

njerald, I noticed in your sig you have an I4. How did you do a dual fitment, esp w/ the bumper? Hows the sound? How is it overall? :)

I have a V6 Bumper now, courtesy of a woman who rear ended me.

I originally made a template of the right side cutout, hung the muffler on its mounts, marked the tailpipe centerline, and used my aircraft snips, dremel, round files, sandpaper and touch up paint. It looked just as good as my V6 bumper does now.

Used a left V6 muffler, stock hangers and insulator.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t137210.html

Left muffler 17440-31010 $150.13
Bracket 17509-31020 45.47
Insulator 58328-33010 36.97
Gasket 90080-43028 1.24

Doesn't sound much different and no difference in performance (both mufflers have built in valving to maintain backpressure at low RPMs).

I did it for the symmetrical look.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i ahave a 07 v6 se and during the day if i turn my headlights on and the fog light they both stay on i'm not too sure if there is some type of sensor
The light sensor located at the center dash board near the winshield. When you turn the light control knob to auto, this sensor determine when the head light will be turned on by itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts