Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Utah Jazz Fan
07 CAMRY se
327 Posts
Do they have a cool effect? Maybe i'll ick up some.:eek: Worth it?

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wire them up to the dome light so they turn on when the doors are opened
Nice pick up
I thought about that....but since I have my footwells already wired up to the little white junction box that is in the driver's side air bag pillar (also tied in with the dome light)...I was just going to splice them off of there.

It is much easier to get to than having to deal with wires in between the over head lining and the roof. Alot less of a pain in the ass too.

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
looks good! ive always been a fan of the lighted door sills
post pics when youre finished the install!

·
Utah Jazz Fan
07 CAMRY se
327 Posts
i dont see how it can be installed. The stock plastic door sills have extra width that wraps up and back down the bottom lip/frame of the door. These pieces are just slabs. Do you just put them over the stock ones?

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont see how it can be installed. The stock plastic door sills have extra width that wraps up and back down the bottom lip/frame of the door. These pieces are just slabs. Do you just put them over the stock ones?
Yup. The edge of the door sill that meets the plastic part you speak of is very thin, so when applied, the metal meets the plastic part perfectly. No fitment issues at all.

I mean, I didn't have any fitment issues with the regular stainless sills I have now, so hopefully these will fit just as nice.

BTW, when I get these, I will have my other stainless sills up for grabs if anyone is interested.

Here is a pic:

and the rear:

·
Cathode Protector
07 SE V6
496 Posts
Interested in those stills mang. Shoot me a PM and we will talk more. Post the pics of the new ones when they are on! :D

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Dang bro door sills look sick!
I taught you had the regular ones?

Shane
Yeah, I still have the regular stainless ones in the pics.

The pic below is for the new ones I just ordered. I like them better than the other "aqua" lit ones, these have more of a "cool" lighting to them. More pleasing to the eyes.

After my new sills come in, we have to get together sometime man. My schedule lately has been hectic, but it's slowing down now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
Camry 2004
16 Posts
Yeah, I still have the regular stainless ones in the pics.

The pic below is for the new ones I just ordered. I like them better than the other "aqua" lit ones, these have more of a "cool" lighting to them. More pleasing to the eyes.

After my new sills come in, we have to get together sometime man. My schedule lately has been hectic, but it's slowing down now. :thumbup:

Damn dude.. Sills are crazy.. I bought a set (greenish) joints from Japan but I didn't know how to wire it up correctly... I'm assuming there's wiring involved to get the sills to light up at night.. do you have a quick DYI guide.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Under Reconstruction
4,350 Posts

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope...They are being shipped from Hong Kong and they aren't even here yet. Maybe the guy is on his own personal life raft to deliver them himself.

I plan on installing them the same day they arrive. I will definitely post pics.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts