Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have new 2019 RAV4 Limited. The other night I was in a dark parking lot and had started the car and wanted to unlock the front passenger door. I realized there seems to be no lighting on the buttons on the Driver door panel, except for my window. Had to turn on the inside lights to find the unlock as I am not all that familiar with the car as of yet.

Anyone else notice that??

Thanks

Byron123

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have new 2019 RAV4 Limited. The other night I was in a dark parking lot and had started the car and wanted to unlock the front passenger door. I realized there seems to be no lighting on the buttons on the Driver door panel, except for my window. Had to turn on the inside lights to find the unlock as I am not all that familiar with the car as of yet.

Yes there is no lighting. Also, the location of door handle of the new model sucks.

Anyone else notice that??

Thanks

Byron123

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yeah, I was disappointed that illuminated buttons on all the door controls didn't happen after seeing the prototype pics after the March release, the XSE HV was shown at the time with all buttons illuminated, so I suppose it's still possible it will have illuminated buttons, but I'm not holding my breath, maybe something they'll do as a 2020 upgrade.

As for the door pull, after using it for a little while I quit noticing it, not a big deal for me, and I'm old and getting weaker every year, my wife has never mentioned it either, so can't be much concern, if it was she would've definitely complained!

·
Registered
10 Posts
As for the door pull, after using it for a little while I quit noticing it, not a big deal for me, and I'm old and getting weaker every year, my wife has never mentioned it either, so can't be much concern, if it was she would've definitely complained!
We just moved from a 2011 RAV4 Limited to the 2019 Limited. My wife immediately noticed the door pull and felt that it was too far forward. I hadn't thought about it until she mentioned it and now I realize what she meant. We will get used to it, I'm sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was really having trouble finding the unlock, etc. buttons on the driver door at night as they have zero illumination. So, I purchased a sheet of self-stick glow in the dark circular dots (about 7mm in diam, light green, about $7). I stuck them on the lock and unlock buttons. So far so good! Look fine, certainly not as nice as a LED light, but they do the job!

...may work for others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just moved from a 2011 RAV4 Limited to the 2019 Limited. My wife immediately noticed the door pull and felt that it was too far forward. I hadn't thought about it until she mentioned it and now I realize what she meant. We will get used to it, I'm sure.
I posted this a while back. The biggest problem, that I now see with this, is that there is reduced leverage making it more likely that the door will hit an adjacent vehicle when we open it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
woodstonian
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing