Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do we have only one "lighted" power window switch? probably cost,darn toyota!

Has anybody taken the auto lighted power window switch and installed on the passenger side to make it work ? If you have double cab, have it been done in the rear too?

thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I, too, have been wondering why these little switches (and the 4WD switch) don't light up. I'm going to do a little investigative work and see if maybe the parts from the switches from a Highlander and/or 4Runner might not work? Or even the Tundra or Lexus (believe it or not, we have a Lexus dealer in our remote little Central Pennsyslvania town).

I'm also going to order the 4WD switch from the 4Runner to make the mod that has been described earlier. I have an '06 Access Cab V-6 in Silver Mica and my son has a black '05 and he says I need to get two of everything I find to improve these Tacos - one for me and one for him.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Repoguy.....I am going to head to toyota stealer after work and check on these switches......let keep everybody posted thanks again

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got back from toy stealer......based on speaking to the parts guy at Huntington Beach toy, driver side "auto" lighted window switch will fit on the passenger side and rear door switches (both sides if you have double cab) but when I asked him about lighting it up or by having the "auto" switch does that mean I have the auto feature on all my doors....he didnt have a response to auto feature and how we can light it up.......

maybe I should take a look at the 4x4 mod light switch and get an idea to light up the switch?

does anybody know if the highlander or 4runner switch are the same as the tacoma and do they light up besides the driver side

thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't have my Taco yet, but I can give you some info on the 4runner. My wife's 04 Limited has the "AUTO" lit on the drivers side. Nothing else lit on drivers door and no lights of any other kind on any other doors. Not familiar enough with the Tacoma's interior to know if the switches are the same, but that seems likely to me.

I thought I had read that the Taco's don't have auto up or down - is that incorrect?

TL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I contacted a couple of guys that were parting out some older (1995 & 1996) Camries and they claimed their cars had illuminated passenger-side window switches. As I recall, those switches are the same as in the Tacos. Since almost all the Toyota models used the same style switch, I'm thinking the switches should fit, or at least I could rob some parts and make my switches illuminate. Unfortunately, after contacting these guys, their responses got "lost" and I haven't been able to establish contact for the last week or so. As soon as we get a decent day, weather wise, I'm heading to the local salvage yards to see if I can get some switches out of some older Toyotas. Seems like the older years had illuminated switches and then Toyota quietly eliminated those nicer switches to save on the production costs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts