Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve ran the halogens in the car for a while now all around. I was hoping to get a true white color. I had led interior lights but they started flickering so I went back to halogen and keep in mind I didn’t cheap out. I used sylvania’s so you would expect quality. I’ve tried LED in the low beams and the light output just sucks. I’ve tried the autozone leds for $100 and I’ve tried the lasfit la series for $90. Once again popular well known brands. Each time both of them leave these terrible dark spots in front of the car. Their projectors just to clarify so no one thinks I’m trying to blind anyone. Any ideas on some major halogen upgrades for highs and lows? I’ll take any ideas..things that have worked well in your car. Maybe my low beams are to high I don’t really know. I’ll attach a picture at the bottom with the light output from my lows

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer Morimoto HIDs for low beams.
I actually looked at HIDs for a bit but there were so many options I didn’t know what to select. I don’t want to cheap out and have to replace them 2 months later. Where did you mount the ballast for your Morimoto HIDS? Based on research people say some of them can get really hot and melt things. Then again they may have used a cheap set

· Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,531 Posts
I made my own brackets and found a location to mount them. Look in my threads list in my signature if you want to see my old set.

Older Camry

· Registered
55 Posts
Hi Ze and Van... thanks and I am follow your instruction now.
My (original) 12-SE low-light is totally dimmed, do you think I can just replace with the HID or whatever gadget and improve the lighting ?
I have to use hi-beam every time and I need to fix it one for all.

TIA , and sorry to steal your post.

· Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
18,531 Posts
Hi Ze and Van... thanks and I am follow your instruction now.
My (original) 12-SE low-light is totally dimmed, do you think I can just replace with the HID or whatever gadget and improve the lighting ?
I have to use hi-beam every time and I need to fix it one for all.

TIA , and sorry to steal your post.
Pictures help. Best to make a new thread.

· Registered
2013 Camry XLE
3,537 Posts
If you have a 2015-2017 camry, you can adjust the brightness of the headlights through the car's settings.
That almost made me blow coffee out of my nose. And exactly where did you find this information? What non-sense.
P.S. @THEYREreadingYOURminds, no one should read my mind after reading your statement. I’ll be banned for life.🤣

· Registered
193 Posts
That almost made me blow coffee out of my nose. And exactly where did you find this information? What non-sense.
P.S. @THEYREreadingYOURminds, no one should read my mind after reading your statement. I’ll be banned for life.🤣
Maybe they were referring to the headlight sensitivity setting? Either way I have to say I'm bumfuddled myself. 😂. I think they also might be trolling the forum. There's other threads they've revived with spam like information.

· Registered
2013 Camry XLE
3,537 Posts
Almost forgot, was also taught, If what you say can not be supported by facts and/or documentation, keep your mouth shut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts