Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home the other night and my 'LIGHTS' indicator on the dash came on. I checked all of my exterior lights and none are gone.

I recently installed Reverse Indiglo Guages. To run the wires, I removed the 3 illumination globes from the cluster, because the no longer needed and provided good space for the wiring.

Are these bulbs connected to the LIGHTS warning indicator?? I was of the understanding that this indicator was for exterior lighting.

Help would be appreciated.

ALSO: The indicator doesn't come on straight away when i start the car, only after about 10 mins of driving, then stays on until i shut the motor off.

Thanks.

·
Grenaded piston
6,588 Posts
JetspeedCamry said:
I was of the understanding that this indicator was for exterior lighting.
Correct.

Have you checked the 3rd brake light?

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
You may have a loose filament... Once the "Lights" indicator turns on it doesn't reset until you shut the ignition off.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car doesn't have a third brake light. :(
Haven't checked all of the bulbs filimants etc...jus visually looked around the car, and all of them seemed to work..

Hmmmmm.
:(

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I had a problem likle that with the 3rd brake light. The filiment was loose so it would work most of the time but once in a while the filiment would come loose and the light indicator would go on. Took me a couple weeks to figure out which bulb it was. Then changed it and it was all better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts