Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out to my truck today, and it wouldn't start. Alternator Good, Battery Good (but drained), Thought about a short... Nope. I forgot to close the passenger window when I got into work, and opened the passenger's door, stuck the key in the ignition, and put the window up. Well....the lights don't go out until the DRIVER's door OPENS....... Keep in mind....

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
So your dome lights didnt turn off or are you saying you headlights didnt turn off? If you turn lights on after you shut the truck off they dont automatically shut off again. I guess im not following the story.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
If you leave your headlights on, they turn off when you turn the truck off and open the door.

Following that, if you open the passenger door, turn the key on and off, then close the passenger door, the headlights will stay on, since the drivers door didn't open and close.

Been there done that with my Sienna years ago, and know the Tacoma works the same way.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma DC
319 Posts
RTFM said:
If you leave your headlights on, they turn off when you turn the truck off and open the door.

Following that, if you open the passenger door, turn the key on and off, then close the passenger door, the headlights will stay on, since the drivers door didn't open and close.

Been there done that with my Sienna years ago, and know the Tacoma works the same way.
I noted the same thing with my Tacoma.. HOWEVER with my Sienna when that happened the lights (including the dome) will turn off after a preset period of time to keep the battery from draining. Haven't tried that with the Tacoma yet.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
j4x4ar3 said:
I noted the same thing with my Tacoma.. HOWEVER with my Sienna when that happened the lights (including the dome) will turn off after a preset period of time to keep the battery from draining. Haven't tried that with the Tacoma yet.
My Sienna was a 98, and it didn't have it. My Tacoma does not shot off after a preset time, unless it is greater than 6 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts